Is Satan really a bad person?

I mean the fictional character from the Abrahamic religious texts, as specified in the OP.

So what? You seem to have missed my point. I'll sum it up nicely for you in three sentences.

God did these terrible things

They are much worse than getting some woman to eat an apple, or anything satan ever did.

Therefore, Satan is morally superior to god.

Not according to the abrahamic texts, which are the basis for this discussion.

It's funny that this whole 'its all a metaphor thing' only popped up after advances in our understanding of the world made a literal interpretation seem ludicrously stupid.

Did you not read where people do evil in the name of God. Hitler was someone who did that. Do you mean to say you have fallen for it!

Did you not read where people do evil in the name of God. Hitler was someone who did that. Do you mean to say you have fallen for it!

The only person who's fallen for anything around here is you, with your literal interpretation of the Bible. Satan could quite easily be the good guy. You just wouldn't ever acknowledge that.

It's all a matter of perspective. But, again, I can't see you making any attempt to look at things from a more realistic perspective.

Read my lips as they say:-

This is the internet.

Satan was made perfect, he was blameless in all his ways and then he BECAME wicked. (His choice)

Still doesn't alter the fact that god created something with the potential to be "evil", therefore, "god" is evil.

Now, please don't respond to posts I make to other posters, as it is pointless trying to discuss anything with yourself about religion as you are incapable of grasping even the simplest of truths.

No. Humans did these terrible things because humans are capable of evil and they are free to listen to their evil side i.e. Satan.

Why would a "good god" create creatures that are capable of evil, unless the creator was, ultimately, evil?

The only person who's fallen for anything around here is you, with your literal interpretation of the Bible. Satan could quite easily be the good guy. You just wouldn't ever acknowledge that.

It's all a matter of perspective. But, again, I can't see you making any attempt to look at things from a more realistic perspective.

Look up the meaning of satan in the dictionary and use the word in the right context instead of changing its meaning.

This is the internet.

Still doesn't alter the fact that god created something with the potential to be "evil", therefore, "god" is evil.

Now, please don't respond to posts I make to other posters, as it is pointless trying to discuss anything with yourself about religion as you are incapable of grasping even the simplest of truths.

Why would a "good god" create creatures that are capable of evil, unless the creator was, ultimately, evil?

If you admit God made satan then by definition God made you and me.

If you admit God made satan then by definition God made you and me.

If you read the thread, you'd know that this thread is for a thinking person and is hypothetical, so (in the context of this thread) then yes. However, "god" (in this context of this thread) is evil for creating creatures that can perform evil, ergo god is evil.

Anyway, I'm another on that will be ignoring your post as you obviously need to find your bridge, and whilst ever people keep replying to you, you're never going to find it.

Bye.

If you read the thread, you'd know that this thread is for a thinking person and is hypothetical, so (in the context of this thread) then yes. However, "god" (in this context of this thread) is evil for creating creatures that can perform evil, ergo god is evil.

Anyway, I'm another on that will be ignoring your post as you obviously need to find your bridge, and whilst ever people keep replying to you, you're never going to find it.

Bye.

So if you do wrong it is God's fault and not yours!

In the context of this thread, yes. If you mean in RL, then no, because there is no "god". Is that simple enough for you?

Too simplistic which begs the obvious question why do you spend so much time talking about a none existent deity?

And you think people of faith are nuts!

Archived