Is Satan really a bad person?

Now you're lying. That maybe how some atheists describe "god", though certainly not all.

More Lies, that's your definition that you're now attempting to attribute to me.

Do you really have problems with your English language skills that you still have not worked out the purpose of this thread?

See here for a brief history of my religious upbringing (though you are already aware of it as I have explained it to you on numerous occasions under your other username).

Harken, is that the footfalls of goats on wood I hear? I think your bridge could do with you to enforce the toll.

I'm not sure if a hypothetical discussion is not a discussion or just a cover?

I see you were brought up in a religious home and a lot of people rebel for one reason or another. Perhaps we have to find our own answers and if that is the case then I wish you all the best. :)

Try reading the thread then, as the OP has (repeatedly) explained the purpose of the thread (BTW. the OP is not an atheist).

I don't know what religion the OP is, I can only form an opinion based on his efforts to make satan squeaky clean.

Perhaps the OP should help here?

If you don't believe in god or satan then the question doesn't make sense.

If you do believe then by definition Satan is evil as stated in the religious books. You either believe it or you don't.

It's like asking why do we call something we sit on a "chair" why don't we call it a "table" or "shoes"?

Satan=evil

chair=something we sit on

So that's another one saying that Satan is evil "just because he is!"

If you read the very first line of OP of this thread, you will see that it is irellevant whether anyone ACTUALLY believes in God or Satan, in this discussion.

Also your example doesn't fit at all. If we asked why Satan was called Satan, then that would fit. But that's not the question.

I don't know what religion the OP is, I can only form an opinion based on his efforts to make satan squeaky clean.

Perhaps the OP should help here?

As per the opening first line, for this thread I (hypothetically) accept that God and Satan exist. I haven't tried to make Satan sound squeaky clean, I just keep asking for someone to give a reason why we should think he IS evil.

This doesn't include saying "well someone has to be" or "he just is" or name calling.

I'm talking about some written account of ghastly/evil/wretched deeds committed by him which warrant him being granted the many nasty titles he has received.

We can use God's actions as the benchmark for good (!) and compare Satan thus.

To the being known as Grahame/Agbus, the purpose of the thread has been explained to you many times and you continue to question why non-believers are discussing it. Please stop as it is obvious you are trying to derail the thread and repeats of this type of post will be reported.

To the being known as Grahame/Agbus, the purpose of the thread has been explained to you many times and you continue to question why non-believers are discussing it. Please stop as it is obvious you are trying to derail the thread and repeats of this type of post will be reported.

I will answer for Agbus.

You accusation that I am trying to derail the thread is false. You cannot talk sensibly about something you do not understand. Your knowledge of the Bible is virtually zero and you do not like it being quoted when talking about matters it deals with which is simply ridiculous and makes any sensible debate impossible. Your whole post is a nonsense.

Now to get down to business.

1) Satan is the great deceiver.

2) Hitler was a great deceiver and many people believe his lies about being a Christian. As Keith Rich said just now a Christian is someone who follows Jesus Christ who said not to kill. Hitler did not follow Jesus, therefore not a Christian. Please try to understand.

3) What Hitler did was Satanic and evil. Satan is evil. I sincerely hope you are not going to say otherwise.

Archived