Is Satan really a bad person?

Satan, Santa to the evil dyslexics, is good. He maketh me drink bad whisky and real ale. He maketh me salivate over thoughts of Carol Vordemann He maketh me wish a pox on wrongdoers. He maketh me enjoy sick humour. He also playeth a small part in makething me covet my neighbour's new Vectra.

Disclaimer

I refer to Satan as a 'HE' due to the fact that no 'SHE' would let me get away with my wanton wantings.

Question...

Is Lucifer the same person/thing as Satan?

OED:

Satan

· n. the Devil; Lucifer.

Lucifer /"lu;sIf@/

· n.

1 the Devil.

2 poetic/literary the planet Venus in the morning.

3 (lucifer) archaic a match.

– ORIGIN OE, from L., ‘light-bringing, morning star’, from lux, luc- ‘light’ + -fer ‘bearing’.

Light bringing morning star??

So Lucifer/Satan is the true "god of light", as opposed to the god of the babble.

Or you can accept that "Light bringing morning star" to be Venus, which is a goddess of love, so Lucifer/Satan is a godess of love, rather than evil as the babble proclaims.

Question...

OED:

Satan

· n. the Devil; Lucifer.

Lucifer /"lu;sIf@/

· n.

1 the Devil.

– ORIGIN OE, from L., ‘light-bringing, morning star’, from lux, luc- ‘light’ + -fer ‘bearing’.

So Lucifer/Satan is the true "god of light", as opposed to the god of the babble.

Or you can accept that "Light bringing morning star" to be Venus, which is a goddess of love, so Lucifer/Satan is a godess of love, rather than evil as the babble proclaims.

Get thee behind me o' sense-sayer. Satan/Lucifer is the all-powerful being who, as opposed to the miserable git who god-bothers worship, makes us smile, get sozzled, gratify our lust and generally enjoy life. All hail Satan ..... or at least Fred Dibnah.:cool:

Question...

OED:

Satan

· n. the Devil; Lucifer.

Lucifer /"lu;sIf@/

· n.

1 the Devil.

That's a funny one, (Bold) I remember at church (when I went) singing a hymn of praise to Jesus calling HIM the bright, morning star!

Question...

OED:

Satan

· n. the Devil; Lucifer.

Lucifer /"lu;sIf@/

· n.

1 the Devil.

As far as I'm aware, Satan is a name given to several characters, but generally refers to the angel formely known as Lucifer. Depending on which version you read, Lucifer was God's most beautiful creation among all the angels and indeed known as the morning star.

That was before his push from grace, he then became known as Satan.

Archived