Is Satan really a bad person?

John 10:30 "I and the Father are one." (One God)

The "one god" part is your interpretation of the passage.

John 14:11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves.

That doesn't say that "jesus told people to worship him:confused:

I've ignored the last part of your post as it has nothing to do with the question raised (other than mentioning the fact that most people didn't (and still don't) believe he was the messiah.

The "one god" part is your interpretation of the passage.

That doesn't say that "jesus told people to worship him:confused:

I've ignored the last part of your post as it has nothing to do with the question raised (other than mentioning the fact that most people didn't (and still don't) believe he was the messiah.

And you say you were brought up in the Church of England!!

They were stoning Jesus because he claimed to be God which is what you were asking about.

John 10:30 "I and the Father are one." (One God)

Is this father the God from the old testament which you say is nothing to do with christianity?

John 14:11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves.

As above

John 10:31-33 Again the Jews picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus said to them, "I have shown you many great miracles from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?" "We are not stoning you for any of these," replied the Jews, "but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God."

So as his father, God, was a jew and he was also a jew do you think they stoned him because they thought a man claiming to be god was a trifle unhinged

I'm asking because when I did jury service one of the other cases on at the time was a man claiming to be Jesus and although they didn't stone him, he did get sectioned

I have always been told (and this has been confirmed by christians in my family) that jesus has been said to request no one worship or follow him "I am but only a man of no worth" or something similar..

I can't say where in the bible or whatever it was said, but I can remember it was, from what I was taught!

And you say you were brought up in the Church of England!!

They were stoning Jesus because he claimed to be God which is what you were asking about.

Just see if you can understand and answer this Grahame. God is part of old testament which you claim is not part of christianity and Jesus is son of God or as above claiming to be God but Jesus is part of christianity. My question is this, how can Jesus be son of God?

I have always been told (and this has been confirmed by christians in my family) that jesus has been said to request no one worship or follow him "I am but only a man of no worth" or something similar..

I can't say where in the bible or whatever it was said, but I can remember it was, from what I was taught!

Exactly the same as I was taught. Grahame's flavour is a bit of an oddity.

The whole thing about Jesus is that he was God incarnate and although there are lots of things we shouldn't worship God/Jesus isn't among them. The wise men brought gifts and worshipped him and so did the shepherds and so it continued. One woman touched the hem of his garment, others fell down at his feet and worshipped him and never once did Jesus rebuke them. :)

The whole thing about Jesus is that he was God incarnate and although there are lots of things we shouldn't worship God/Jesus isn't among them.

"Jesus" != "God".

"Jesus" == "God's son" - or are you disputing the "virgin birth"?

"Jesus" != "God".

"Jesus" == "God's son" - or are you disputing the "virgin birth"?

Yes, that is right, Jesus was God incarnate and he was nobody's son.

"Son of God" was a Jewish expression for anyone who was very devout and if the tradition had continued into today's modern world a vicar might be called a Son of God. Believers are known as the children of God.

So Son of God as I said in an earlier reply today on another thread, "Son of God" is what other people, including Satan, called Jesus.

Archived