Is Satan really a bad person?

Post 393. I have already explained that "Son of God" is a title given by man to Jesus in acknowledgement of his divinity.

Just see if you can understand and answer this Grahame. God is part of old testament which you claim is not part of christianity and Jesus is son of God or as above claiming to be God but Jesus is part of christianity. My question is this, how can Jesus be son of God?

I'll repeat the question again just to see if you can grasp it this time

You are a man Grahame and you claim Jesus is son of god so my question was how can you (the man) believe Jesus is son of God when earlier you said Jesus had no parents and also God is from old testament which you say is not part of christianity? You need to check what you have written previously because you're tying yourself in knots here

Jesus is God incarnate (look it up) and has always existed and was there in the Old Testament and gave Moses the Ten Commandments.

Then, for some of the time they followed God who we call Jesus but a lot of the time the Israelites did their own thing and the people themselves followed false gods and idols made of stone, wood and gold (inanimate objects) and they wrote their own commandments which you can read about in Leviticus and this is when all the bad things happened..

So some of the time they were following the Almighty but a lot of the time they were following Roman, Greek, Egyptian and Babylonian gods.

I hope that answers your question. :)

Just to add.

Because Jesus was sinless he fulfilled the law which no man can do because none of us are perfect. Also in the Old Testament there are the prophets that speak of the coming Messiah. So Jesus fulfilled the law and the prophets or in other words he fulfilled the Old Testament.

When Jesus came he made a New Covenant with man which is the New Testament and this was the beginning of Christianity which replaced Judaism and this is why Christians use the New Testament but it is the same God in the Old Testament as well; it is just that we need to be aware that the people followed other gods who are also spoken of either as God or LORD and people think these false gods are the Christian God but gods like Baal and Molech who the Israelites followed are not the Christian God.

Well, so far no arguments either way, except for Grahame's entirely circular reasoning of "he's evil because he is Satan because he is evil."

The whole matter turns on what you think of God to begin with - assuming, as per the OP, that you believe He exists at all. Satan's mission is to turn as many people as he can away from God - therefore, by definition, if following God is good for you then Satan is the opposite of good - evil.

I can't help but feel sorry for Grahame in these discusions. He is like a lone batsman facing 12 hostile fast bowlers all at the same time.

You speak a truth in jest Gormenghast.

So you think that the tooth fairy is real?:loopy:.

So you think that everything you have been told by your family is 100% true?:loopy:

I can't help but feel sorry for Grahame in these discusions. He is like a lone batsman facing 12 hostile fast bowlers all at the same time.

But he chooses that path/option.

So you think that the tooth fairy is real?:loopy:.

So you think that everything you have been told by your family is 100% true?:loopy:

But he chooses that path/option.

I suppose so, but religious people feel it is their duty to defend the faith no matter what the cost to themselves.

In this Grahame can't be faulted.

Jesus never taught any of that.

But Jesus wouldn't get involved in defending his religion online.

He would turn the other cheek. He certainly wouldn't feel the need to attack / defend his father's position...

I'm only hoping you'll see my point! There's no point in getting riled online; it's merely the Internet :)

But Jesus wouldn't get involved in defending his religion online.

He would turn the other cheek. He certainly wouldn't feel the need to attack / defend his father's position...

I'm only hoping you'll see my point! There's no point in getting riled online; it's merely the Internet :)

I see your point and the answer is no.

Archived