Is Satan really a bad person?

Yeah but gods a genocidal maniac, according to the bible. What has Satan ever done that's so bad?

I've said this all along; as God is a master of his own PR, and as Lucifer disagreed with the way God was doing things, God made him out to be the devil...I think he's probably a really interesting entity; certainly NOT the demon God makes him out to be (remember, kids, this is the same god that gives us free will, but demands 'we worship no other god than him' - jealous much?).

why do some people worship him?

surely if they believe in Satan they must believe in god also?

People can believe in a god and not worship him/her. There's no rule that says if you believe in an entity you must also worship it.

Yeah but gods a genocidal maniac, according to the bible. What has Satan ever done that's so bad?

I DON'T KNOW! That's exactly what I was wondering when I started the thread, it seems that NOBODY knows why we associate Satan with evil deeds etc.

Now on 22 pages and still no case given against the old fella!

Read the thread both of you.

Hey! My post was totally related to the subject, which is that I think that Satan has been cast as the bad guy in Christianity and isn't nearly as bad as religion makes him out to be...

Hey! My post was totally related to the subject, which is that I think that Satan has been cast as the bad guy in Christianity and isn't nearly as bad as religion makes him out to be...

Put it this way God's Ten Commandments say not to kill, but the Israelites killed thousands. So if it was not of God how would you describe what they did if it wasn't Satanic?

Put it this way God's Ten Commandments say not to kill, but the Israelites killed thousands. So if it was not of God how would you describe what they did if it wasn't Satanic?

Right, so....

You're calling these actions of murder/genoside "Satanic" (something you would expect of Satan himself) but you can't give any case for why we should think Satan is bad.

That's some kind of warped broken-down circular logic you have there.

In the bible itself there are many examples of God committing these same atrocities, surely when you say "Satanic" you mean "God-ist" or "Divine"?

On the other hand, I've never heard of Satan wiping out 100's or 1000's of people (in the bible).

Archived