Is Satan really a bad person?

The same is true for God and like children we are often disobedient but we are still loved.

Things like the flood and plagues are natural events.

So if I disobey God, don't believe in God or do some terrible things in my life. What appends to me when I die? Other than decomposing and providing matter for other living things to grow.

So if I disobey God, don't believe in God or do some terrible things in my life. What appends to me when I die? Other than decomposing and providing matter for other living things to grow.

The Hebrew word for hell is grave. I have had this discussion on other forums and other people say we will all have to answer one day at the judgement but I leave that for you to decide.

If there is a lake of fire which I think is figurative then my view is that it is for Satan and his minions, but personally I follow the teaching of Jesus the best I can and let the future take care of itself, all I do is to place myself into his care and keeping rather than go my own way. :)

The Hebrew word for hell is grave. I have had this discussion on other forums and other people say we will all have to answer one day at the judgement but I leave that for you to decide.

If there is a lake of fire which I think is figurative then my view is that it is for Satan and his minions, but personally I follow the teaching of Jesus the best I can and let the future take care of itself, all I do is to place myself into his care and keeping rather than go my own way. :)

It makes no sense to have any form of judgement for Man. It's far more likely you've adopted a "be good or else" form of religion. Really, the whole concept is totally illogical and if one stopped to think about it for a second...

It's practically fiction... Man is judged on death bed...

It makes no sense to have any form of judgement for Man. It's far more likely you've adopted a "be good or else" form of religion. Really, the whole concept is totally illogical and if one stopped to think about it for a second...

It's practically fiction... Man is judged on death bed...

Good works don't save anyone and that is what you rely on yourself, or at least not doing anything wrong.

You learn something new every day.

Hell is an Anglo-Saxon word used to translate one Hebrew word and three Greek words in the King James Version of the Old and New Testaments. The Hebrew word that “hell” translated was Sheol. The word Sheol occurs sixty-five times in the Hebrew Bible.

This answers both your questions. Take time to study and understand it. Click on the links.

http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/view.jsp?artid=287&letter=W

I really don't have time, I had a quick look and there's a lot of text-based guff to filter through. Can't you just tell me exactly where it says the Israelites worshipped Satan?

So the Hebrew word for hell is grave AS WELL as the Greek word?

Why do you think Satan would reside in a lake of fire?

G86

ᾅδης

hadēs

hah'-dace

From G1 (as a negative particle) and G1492; properly unseen, that is, “Hades” or the place (state) of departed souls: - grave, hell. (Hades = grave which means hell)

G1067

γέεννα

geenna

gheh'-en-nah

Of Hebrew origin ([H1516] and [H2011]); valley of (the son of) Hinnom; gehenna (or Ge-Hinnom), a valley of Jerusalem, used (figuratively) as a name for the place (or state) of everlasting punishment: - hell. (Used figuratively which is what I said.)

G5020

ταρταρόω

tartaroō

tar-tar-o'-o

From Τάρταρος Tartaros̄ (the deepest abyss of Hades); to incarcerate in eternal torment: - cast down to hell.

2Pe 2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment; (Again I said that if there is a lake of fire it is reserved for Satan and his minions until the day of judgement.) :)

Good works don't save anyone and that is what you rely on yourself, or at least not doing anything wrong.

But, as I keep saying: doing wrong is part of being human. Denying that is a poor way to embrace the person you are!

We do wrong, we learn. And that's how it should be.

I really don't have time, I had a quick look and there's a lot of text-based guff to filter through. Can't you just tell me exactly where it says the Israelites worshipped Satan?

So the Hebrew word for hell is grave AS WELL as the Greek word?

Why do you think Satan would reside in a lake of fire?

Do your own work otherwise don't come on here sounding off as though you know everything because you know nothing.

But, as I keep saying: doing wrong is part of being human. Denying that is a poor way to embrace the person you are!

We do wrong, we learn. And that's how it should be.

That is why God provided a way of salvation through Jesus Christ.

Archived