Is Satan really a bad person?

<snip>.

Annnd another deflection attempt.

Who/what gave us the capacity to want things?

Ourselves.

So "god" didn't create humans then?

Thanks for being honest, for a change.

So what gave us the capacity to do evil?

God knows this and has provided a solution called forgiveness.

So, god forgives my former neighbours' children for having to be taken into care, in order to protect them from the neglectful, feckless imbeciles they had to call their parents?

My schoolfriend is forgiven for being raped by, and having a child to, her paedophile father, is she?

So does God forgive every one then?

Yes it is for everyone, the 'whosoever' which is those who believe on him and repent of their sins.

Some people add other conditions but I think repentance is sufficient provided it is genuine.

So, god forgives my former neighbours' children for having to be taken into care, in order to protect them from the neglectful, feckless imbeciles they had to call their parents?

My schoolfriend is forgiven for being raped by, and having a child to, her paedophile father, is she?

Why do they need forgiveness for the sins of others?

Yes it is for everyone, the 'whosoever' which is those who believe on him and repent of their sins.

Some people add other conditions but I think repentance is sufficient provided it is genuine.

But the child with crap violent parents and rubbish DNA that turned out bad has never been told about God, knows nothing of God or about asking for forgiveness, again not this persons fault but the fault of their environment and upbringing.

But the child with crap violent parents and rubbish DNA that turned out bad has never been told about God, knows nothing of God or about asking for forgiveness, again not this persons fault but the fault of their averment and upbringing.

True, but it is their choice what they do.

By the way I have some experience of this at work and I admit environment is a strong influence, but it is their surrounding that are to blame not God.

If you want to bring God into it just let me say there are hardened criminals who have had wonderful conversions and are changed people.

I haven't read any of this thread apart from the OP but to quote Jim Jeffries (in a fashion): if i spend my life doing drugs and using hookers, do i really want to go to heaven to meet great aunt Mable, or go to hell, where the drugs and hookers are!!!!!

So your forgiving God or Jesus only forgives those who repent, some kind of forgiveness that is. Who are the other people who add conditions? Surely people can't tell God what conditions he can add. He, according to you, is all powerful and forgiving - what a load of claptrap you talk Grahame

Archived