Is Satan really a bad person?

Have you ever seen 'Pseud's Corner' in Private Eye magazine. I think that is definitely worth a nomination!

Well, Rationalists do run the world, and look at the mess it causes, but yeh, I can see why the mick taking to make them feel better ! No, I don't read the Private Eye. I used to think that it is pretty intelligent, but it is not. It lacks a bit of humanity, if anything.

TBH I didn't actually look at posts beyond your last couple. Having now looked at a couple more, I realsise that -despite your assertion that you "don't understand why people don't get the Bible" you clearly don't know much about it, and are postulating as to it's meaning in a massively oversimplified way, and appearently based on your subjective interpretation of a small selection of second hand snippets from said book.

Using such methodology, I'm sure it would be possible find the deep universal truths in Mrs Beaton's Cook Book, or The Beano

I do not use English or the semantic of the language to deduce the religion itself, no. Cos how else has Christianity reached the masses and it is still going ? If everyone thought like yourself and seek the absolute semantic truth in a Socratic way for the religion, exactly why would there be so many believers across the world ? It is not science. Some people do not seem to accept Christianity as you described either. Maybe it is because the lack of the simplistic model which actually creates the modern problem that it has today ?

Even if Christianity declines, people who reject that, let us call them rationalists, will create something new in replacement of that. Rather than letting the interpretation be accepted by the individual believers themselves. It is probably why so many different churches or evangelical churches are created from this chaos.

It is pretty funny for me to see someone overdo the analysing of some text which have some half truthful stories to real life, and some added by humans over the course of the years. Yet, even if the Bible is not real from day one, and nobody knows why it exists or have traced it back to it absolute origin, so what ? Despite this absolute absolute truth, humans being flawed as they are, will still accept "up to a degree" of what they wish to see from the bible and bring peace upon themselves.

I think people like to analyse for the sake of it, to really enhance their lives and understanding of the world in some ways. Each to their own.

What was odd and enlightening is how this qualifier, "not as bad as", stated by someone else. As if the Bible was written in a way to include this kind of school of thought. The Bible was written in Arabics in its most original format, then how does that really translates to English ? People are trying to fit a round peg into a square hole, and expect it to fit. They do not seem to take with a pinch of salt that, despite that it is a square hole, people want to be create a square peg cos they want to. Free Will.

Huh ? If I am not the one who do not get it, then why did you respond with SUUUUUCH outrage ?

"for Chris's sake, you're just making it up as you go along!"

What exactly am I making up? :confused: You asked me why and I explained why. Do you know SOME psychology 101 ???

Oh alright then. Up to you.

Does anyone else have trouble making sense of Salsa's posts and their relevance to the quotes she replies to?

Well, Rationalists do run the world, and look at the mess it causes, but yeh, I can see why the mick taking to make them feel better ! No, I don't read the Private Eye. I used to think that it is pretty intelligent, but it is not. It lacks a bit of humanity, if anything.

Oh, I understand now. Because rationalists are ruining the world, your apparently inconsistant, contradictory and sometimes meaningless utterances actually signify a deeper understanding. It is merely proof that you are acting from a spiritual plane which cannot be shackled by the chains of normal human communication.

Why don't you tell us about your deep understanding of reality in our dreams then? Surely you should not be subjecting yourself to the vulgar form of communication used by us lot down here on the Earthly plane at all?

Archived