Is Satan really a bad person?

The subject of ethics very specifically says that ethical values are not universal, no idea where you got that from.

I've also seen you a couple of times saying that someone who disagrees with you doesn't understand - this is a very poor debating technique and is somewhat patronising. Just because someone doesn't agree with your point does not mean they do not understand your point. Also, claiming something like "They were just characters or ideas of conceptual beings" is opinion - there are plenty of Christians that believe the angels, and therefore satan, are as real as you and me,

First of all. I did not say I was here to debate. Sorry if you feel so disappointed, and that you assume that one being online writing online automatically means an open invitation to debate with someone else. They can just share ideas, or discuss, or talk and so forth to gain understandings. Please also note the first post on this thread. Was it posed as a debate topic ? No. It was not. The OP wrote an analogy for all to discuss and interpret as they will and give their own interpretation of that. That is how I understood his opening.

His question is:

"Is Satan really a bad person?"

Exactly how does one answer that ? Which angle do you approach that topic? From a religious viewpoint, philosophy, semantic and literal? Comedic viewpoint of the irrationality ?

If people literally understood each other, then you think that there would be complete feedback and it works two ways. Since the OP continuously disregard my posts and gave thoughts and feedback to it, then exactly what does he expect ? You may accept that feedback is not important to you, but it may be for others like myself. Since he goes and continuously be obtuse thereafter, what does he expect? Again, I aim for discussion, post 1 question, post 2 response etc etc. It is you who thinks that this is some kind of debate of sorts. If you misread that, then sorry, you misread my intent.

there are plenty of Christians that believe the angels, and therefore satan, are as real as you and me,

I do wonder if, these people that you speak of, are also trapped in your mind, and by your perception of them that you intrusively think that they mean in a physical manifestation than a spiritual or conceptual one. :roll:

Oh well, some people have called me an Angel once for acting ethically.

satan caused the death of billions of humans by misleading the first humans

romans 5:12

Did Satan ever command people to commit genocide? Like god did on multiple occasions

Or do anything as bad as killing an innocent child from every single family in an entire country? like god did?

I find that offensive actually. When someone writes something against what you think that you want them to right, therefore "troll". Right. :rolleyes:

Oh you find THAT offensive! Are you serious?

• Your (ludicrously long) posts barely make sense half the time.
  • You've insulted and butted heads with half the good people on SF.
  • Despite being a total newbie, you absolutely refuse to post any kind of evidence when called out on any issue.
  • You demean every poster with patronising comments like "why so angry / upset / blinkered".

You appear to have nothing of consequence to post, and a single day of responding to your egocentric and closed-minded comments was more than enough.

How about taking a break, or, going on a personal quest for some humility. Or, more preferably, learning to listen (read) before posting. You simply come across as yet another delusional conspiracy nut. And, really, we've had way too many of those on the forum.

Oh you find THAT offensive! Are you serious?

• Your (ludicrously long) posts barely make sense half the time.
  • You've insulted and butted heads with half the good people on SF.
  • Despite being a total newbie, you absolutely refuse to post any kind of evidence when called out on any issue.
  • You demean every poster with patronising comments like "why so angry / upset / blinkered".

You appear to have nothing of consequence to post, and a single day of responding to your egocentric and closed-minded comments was more than enough.

How about taking a break, or, going on a personal quest for some humility. Or, more preferably, learning to listen (read) before posting. You simply come across as yet another delusional conspiracy nut. And, really, we've had way too many of those on the forum.

Allow me to answer for Salsa...

You see them as good people on here because they share your way of thinking, but you cannot except other's ways of thinking and beliefs! Why so angry and outraged? You are being very obtuse! Just because you cannot understand other's ideas does not mean what they are saying. You are wrong and your morals are extremely poor. I honestly don't know why people have to be so argumentative and aggressive, you're all offensive bullies. Words noises blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth.

You see them as good people on here because they share your way of thinking, but you cannot except other's ways of thinking and beliefs! Why so angry and outraged? You are being very obtuse! Just because you cannot understand other's ideas does not mean what they are saying. You are wrong and your morals are extremely poor. I honestly don't know why people have to be so argumentative and aggressive, you're all offensive bullies. Words noises blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth

<<<SNIP>>>

blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth.

ROFL. Now that's funny. Made me spit tea everywhere!

But oh so true. And, sadly, this will fall on deaf ears.

You do not have to develop telepathic skills, but if you had empathetic skills, then you can so see through religion very very easily, and not rationalise it to death. I mean, presuming if one wants to learn and understand it, but if not, I suppose who cares ?

You think you are empathic? And you think empathic people are automatically religious? I've never seen anyone spout so much rubbish, with such complete arrogance in such a short space of time.

The only thing I have to say is: if you're bumping heads with people on a forum, you know there's something wrong.

As, to be honest, SF has some of the smartest and nicest people on any forum I've ever encountered...

You can blame others only for so long before you have to take a look at yourself.

... good people on here because they share your way of thinking, but you cannot except other's ways of thinking and beliefs! Why so angry and outraged? You are being very obtuse! Just because you cannot understand other's ideas does not mean what they are saying. You are wrong and your morals are extremely poor. I honestly don't know why people have to be so argumentative and aggressive, you're all offensive bullies. Words noises blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth blahblah blah rahr rahr froth froth.

Is it just me or can anyone else see the face of Satan hidden in that paragraph?

Archived