Is Satan really a bad person?

There is a phrase that stephen king once used to describe some of his writing - literary elephantiasis - in other words he recognised that he sometimes used a thousand words to say what could be said in ten. Of course, stephens kings version at least had meaning.

I wonder if everyone that suffers from this terrible disease also recognise that they have got it, and I wonder if there is a more serious version that causes nonsense to be written?

You're a mod. Should you not moderate here? Since this is against forum rules to be so off topic ? I have already reported these harassing posts too.

lol. Why the insult? Cos frankly, are you God? Am I God? NO. So why are you acting as if I am insulting you in any way shape or form ? Surely, as someone has already mentioned that God and Satan are metaphors. Ideas. Concepts. How you interprets it is up to you. How I interpret it, is up to me. Why use the English language to hold me to ransom and demand an explaination? You want truth? Then accept the truths! Which is what I said already. That the Bible has been changed over the course of the centuries, so how can you say what is relevant now in its text is the absolute truth to when it was originally written? I accept the way the Bible has been in human history. THAT is the truth.

It does not take a rocket scientist to know sins, and to understand the basic concept of karma. What one does affect themselves and others, and also react in a way which they can not ever foresee. That makes us flawed.

You are quick to claim insult at anyone who disagrees with you. You claimed I did too. Bit I don't know you. I don't know if you are pink, white as an albino, brown, yellow, or black, and I don't care. So I have no right to insult you, and do not. I hope I have the freedom of speech to disagree with what you say. That is up to the moderators to decide. As it is, I have often questioned why God, with his omnipotent power didn't just simply eliminate Satan. Would that have made the world the true Eden that God saught? Blaming one bad angel for all the evil in the world would not have prevented the birth of Hitler for example.

Where was I referring to you? Interesting you would assume that.

You did not directly, but it is cheap of you not to acknowledge your intent either. By the way, I have indeed reported some posts, are you one of the mods that can do something about it?

You are quick to claim insult at anyone who disagrees with you. You claimed I did too. Bit I don't know you. I don't know if you are pink, white as an albino, brown, yellow, or black, and I don't care. So I have no right to insult you, and do not. I hope I have the freedom of speech to disagree with what you say. That is up to the moderators to decide. As it is, I have often questioned why God, with his omnipotent power didn't just simply eliminate Satan. Would that have made the world the true Eden that God saught? Blaming one bad angel for all the evil in the world would not have prevented the birth of Hitler for example.

First of all. I never suggested that others need to agree with me. You were insulting when my intent was not to debate with you. Cos there were so many insults, sarcastic nasty comments thrown in just because that "I" do not acknowledge others and accept their views at all.

You wrote this:

Quote:

Originally Posted by salsafan

Wow. Insult! Well done you. Love you too.

Not insulting you, luv, only your work.

You also took a cheap shot at me even when I pointed it out and you did not even apologise. I posted something, I wrote it. Why do you think that someone like myself on the receiving end would not see it as criticising my work and not me? Do you often patronise on how others should receive these cheap shots?

The thing is, you DID insult me. You think you did not, but you did.

The analogy is like stabbing someone with a pin and say "oops, sorry, that was an accident". "It does not really hurt, it is okay."

You have a right to disagree with what I say, but you have no right to insult me personally.

You did not directly, but it is cheap of you not to acknowledge your intent either. By the way, I have indeed reported some posts, are you one of the mods that can do something about it?

What kind of a world is it where a person can't go unchallenged on an internet discussion forum for expressing intolerance of other's opinions in a manner that is at once incoherent, patronising and disrespectful? This would never have happened in the days of the Inquisition!

What kind of a world is it where a person can't go unchallenged on an internet discussion forum for expressing intolerance of other's opinions in a manner that is at once incoherent, patronising and disrespectful? This would never have happened in the days of the Inquisition!

Sorry, are you trying to talk to me, as you quoted me ? I am going to go ahead and response hoping that it won't flip you more.

What kind of world is this where people harass you like a rottweiler when all you wanted to do was just express yourself and your opinion of the world by your own terms? Exactly what and why does one need to endure these personal cheap shots on one's language, posting style, and demeanor ??

What kind of world is this when you already stated that you are not the expert on the subject, but then you find other people's comments pretty funny cos it is so illogical (and dumb) such that you get the label as being "patronising" ? If I am not the expert on the subject, then exactly what the flip is there to argue about ?

I am getting the impression that some people just like to fight for the hell of it.

Archived