Is Satan really a bad person?

That was Old Testament Judaism.

Nope, there's plenty mention of slavery in the new testament as well, and none of it says anything remotely like 'slavery is bad'.

Jesus never had a bad word to say about slavery, and his disciples told people to serve their masters with as much fervor as they serve Jesus. There's even a story about where Paul finds an escaped slave and forcibly takes him back to his master.

"Tell slaves to be submissive to their masters and to give satisfaction in every respect; they are not to talk back, not to pilfer, but to show complete and perfect fidelity, so that in everything they may be an ornament to the doctrine of God our Savior."

- Paul (in the new testament)

Clearly, the authors of the new testament had no problem with slavery.

Interesting -can you define more how you think evil comes from god?

If you think that god is the creator of everything, then he must have created evil.

If god is not the creator of everything, and some things came from somewhere else, then he's not really god, or at least there are other, equally powerful gods.

Will you explain please.

Read the thread (especially the first post), enlightenment is but a click away.

Below is a quote of the first few lines of the OP:

1. For this one we first have to assume (whether you be religious, atheist or other) that the Christian God exists and that Satan exists, so just go with it if you want to contribute.

2. If this thread starts to offend you or your beliefs in any way, you should probably stop reading it

That was Old Testament Judaism.

Only in certain flavours of christianity (usually the weird new flavours), other than that, it's simply pure BS.

If you think that god is the creator of everything, then he must have created evil.

If god is not the creator of everything, and some things came from somewhere else, then he's not really god, or at least there are other, equally powerful gods.

But would you not first need to establish if evil is created? I don't think it is.

It is perfectly possible to discuss the actions and motivations of a fictional character without believing that they really exist.

Indeed. I did my thesis on Frodo and the effects of the One Ring.

And I never believe he existed!

But would you not first need to establish if evil is created? I don't think it is.

I gave you an option for that:

It would help if you actually said where you think 'evil' comes from?

If god is not the creator of everything, and some things came from somewhere else, then he's not really god, or at least there are other, equally powerful gods.?

This is so logical it's painful, yet I can't understand why it's not accepted by Theists. As you've said, it's one or the other...

It would help if you actually said where you think 'evil' comes from?

This will all lead to free will and all that which has been discussed (sometimes unsuccessfully) in the past.

However, to keep on track, I believe evil is a manifestation rather than something 'created'. If you claim evil is created, you're then redefining the meaning of create.

What about all the times when he tells them to kill all of the men and the children and to keep the women (presumably as sex slaves)? Did Satan ever do anything that bad?

Absolute nonsense. You can't blame the Pharoah for something God did. The Pharoah didn't kill them, god killed them.

Also, think about it for a second, you are excusing terrorism. That's exactly what god was doing here, he was saying 'oi! Do what I say or else I will kill your people'

Did Satan ever do anything as bad as being a mass murdering terrorist?

When did you see God or Satan with a gun in their hand.

Archived