Is Satan really a bad person?

This will all lead to free will and all that which has been discussed (sometimes unsuccessfully) in the past.

However, to keep on track, I believe evil is a manifestation rather than something 'created'. If you claim evil is created, you're then redefining the meaning of create.

So which deity gave Satan (and others) the ability to do evil (even though "god" kills more people in the story of the abrahamic religions)?

When did you see God or Satan with a gun in their hand.

?!?

Never, but that is completely irrelevant.

think about it for a second, you are excusing terrorism. That's exactly what god was doing here, he was saying 'oi! Do what I say or else I will kill your people'

Did Satan ever do anything as bad as being a mass murdering terrorist?

I gave you an option for that:

If god is not the creator of everything, and some things came from somewhere else, then he's not really god, or at least there are other, equally powerful gods.

It would help if you actually said where you think 'evil' comes from?

What things would those be.

Well, one would need to understand Satan & God and may be no one really does.

In many religions, Satan is always seen as the destructive, evil force.

This thread could go any direction and also (as has done a few times) off course.

One way to look at it is that the evil done (lets take Pharoah for example as it is linked in the thread regards the 10 punishments afflicted on Egypt) is done by people but the desire and urge is set by Satan. [/b]Most Abrahamic religions may give this viewpoint.

I didn't know that, could you link a source or biblical referance point for me please?

I am guessing from you posts that you are an atheist yet you say God killed the first born in Egypt. Will you explain please.

No, I'm not an atheist.

I think it's the bible that says God killed the first born in Egypt.

The explanation is in the VERY FIRST opening line of the thread

That was Old Testament Judaism.

And keeping in form with the thread topic.

But would you not first need to establish if evil is created? I don't think it is.

In which case it doesn't come from Satan.

This will all lead to free will and all that which has been discussed (sometimes unsuccessfully) in the past.

However, to keep on track, I believe evil is a manifestation rather than something 'created'. If you claim evil is created, you're then redefining the meaning of create.

It was you who said

goodness comes from God and evil comes from Satan

I was only going from that. You can't have it both ways, if god is responsible for good, then he is also responsible for evil.

When did you see God or Satan with a gun in their hand.

You really think a being who can smite people at will or rain down fire etc. would need a gun?

It still stands, God killed many and Satan did not.

Baz1 blamed Satan for the Pharaoh's wrong doings but does he have any basis for that? (I'm not saying he didn't, I'm saying I haven't read that part if it is written).

Archived