Is Satan really a bad person?

you would need to establish from what angle you're coming from- surely many religions would hold a different view of Satan.

Establishment was made in the OP: "1. For this one we first have to assume (whether you be religious, atheist or other) that the Christian God exists and that Satan exists, so just go with it if you want to contribute."

Seems to suggest the version from christianity, nothing about other religions.

But that is just a play on words- Atheism embraces the belief in evil without acknowledging or even bothering to investigate its origins which is a basic requirement in a debate of this nature.
Nope, Atheism is simply a lack of belief in god, it does not 'embrace a belief in evil'. I certainly don't believe in evil as an actual thing, to me its just a word used to describe various action. This is completely irrelevant though, you appear to be avoiding my very simple question.

However, to give an answer to where Satan came from (if one accepts it exists) then you would need to establish from what angle you're coming from- surely many religions would hold a different view of Satan.

What I believe would be irrelevant.

No it wouldn't. I cannot deal with everyone, everyone is not here. You are, so we can deal with what you believe. If you're uncomfortable discussing your beliefs about Satan for whatever reason, that's fine, just say so but don't just dodge the questions like this.

And the answer is ;-

Darnall

QUOTE=flamingjimmy;8101930]No not right now, my atheism is completely irrelevant to the current discussion. In fact I'm operating as if I were a theist as part of the hypothetical exercise set down in the OP. I am currently operating under the assumption that god exists, and the bible is true. The fact that that assumption is false is not relevant.

You have claimed that goodness comes from god and evil comes from satan.

My question to you is, where did Satan come from?

You haven't told me.

Yes I have, I've told you twice now that I'm not an atheist.

What G/god do you believe in?

Although I'm usually open about this and have discussed it several times on threads, it's currently none of your beeswax as you've been so ignorant of the thread and intent on derailing it.

As for the OP anyone who influences others to do wrong is bad and that person is Satan, God steps in to sort out the mess and if necessary bang heads together..

So, someone who INFLUENCES others to do bad (Satan- examples?) is worse than someone who DOES bad as long as he gets what he wants (God) ?

Yes I have, I've told you twice now that I'm not an atheist.

Although I'm usually open about this and have discussed it several times on threads, it's currently none of your beeswax as you've been so ignorant of the thread and intent on derailing it.

So, someone who INFLUENCES others to do bad (Satan- examples?) is worse than someone who DOES bad as long as he gets what he wants (God) ?

I think I may have to place this one on ignore, can everyone promise not to quote the fool:D.

Archived