Do Japan's nuclear power plants pose a threat to the UK?

Again more facts without comprehension from people.

Do you understand the rating criteria for an INES5 incident? The current one is being driven by the radiation release figures - not the liklehood of fatalities.

"The hallmarks of a level 5 emergency are severe damage to a reactor core, release of large quantities of radiation with a high probability of "significant" public exposure or several deaths from radiation. The alert level applied to reactors No.1, No. 2 and No. 3 at the troubled Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear plant.

The scale defines a level 4 incident as having local consequences, while a level 5 incident can bring wider consequences."

sounds like it "could" lead to fatalities to me?? :suspect:

I'd beg to differ - it will be released from the core inventory and is detectable - they monitor for it to detected bomb testing and they detected the Xe released from North Koreas bomb for example.

It's just that the detection method is so sensitive that they could easily detect it if it appeared - it doesnt indicate that there has been any measurable difference in radiation actually there.

the two cities are over 5500 miles apart, to get there in 7 days you would have to travel at around 30mph,

"The hallmarks of a level 5 emergency are severe damage to a reactor core, release of large quantities of radiation with a high probability of "significant" public exposure or several deaths from radiation. The alert level applied to reactors No.1, No. 2 and No. 3 at the troubled Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear plant.

The scale defines a level 4 incident as having local consequences, while a level 5 incident can bring wider consequences."

sounds like it "could" lead to fatalities to me?? :suspect:

Have you read the INES document? I have a copy sat in front of me - you need to consider the total radiation released in terms of I-131 equivulents to make that determination.

TMI was a level 5 incident based on teh Xenon release. No one died, or even got sick. However it was still a level 5 incident.

Like I said - facts without comprehension of them

almost anything could lead to fatalities, whether they actually do or not is a different matter,

sigh

radiation tho can lead to far more deaths particularly in accidents like this than say somebody lobbing a brick into a crowd of people

Have you read the INES document? I have a copy sat in front of me - you need to consider the total radiation released in terms of I-131 equivulents to make that determination.

TMI was a level 5 incident based on teh Xenon release. No one died, or even got sick. However it was still a level 5 incident.

Like I said - facts without comprehension of them

can

can

can

can

before you was saying its completely safe, its NOT safe, it CAN lead to deaths and we'll see in the near future and long term, i never said it WILL, i said can

Archived