Do Japan's nuclear power plants pose a threat to the UK?

feel free to move to japan to help get the current nuclear reactors safe then if its so safe

the workers there giving their own lives to avert was has been described as a catastrophe ARE heroes.

oh and i heard china have put on hold their plans to build some nuclear reactors in light of current events

Whose giving their own lives? The workers at the plant are all well under the accepted safe limits so I don't see why you feel the need to wrap the whole thing up in such emotive terms.

The trouble is it's clueless people who scream "oooh nuclear bad, radiation baaaad, oooh nasty because, because, well... it's radiation innit" that force Govt's to do stupid things like shut down plants and not build new ones. Hence the reason why German is hutting all theirs down and will just burn more brown coal.

But it's safe though innity - cos there's no raditaion risk from coal right?

Wrong. You get a larger dose from combusted coal than you do from a nuclear plant.

Whose giving their own lives? The workers at the plant are all well under the accepted safe limits so I don't see why you feel the need to wrap the whole thing up in such emotive terms.

thats NOT what the media are saying, they are getting far over the limit and doing short shifts to limit radiation, the helicopter and police crews that are trying to cool it are also getting above the limit and being swapped very quickly

there was a piece in the papers that the crew in the reactor have SAID theyre giving their lives to avert a catastrophe (NOT my words)

The trouble is it's clueless people who scream "oooh nuclear bad, radiation baaaad, oooh nasty because, because, well... it's radiation innit" that force Govt's to do stupid things like shut down plants and not build new ones. Hence the reason why German is hutting all theirs down and will just burn more brown coal.

But it's safe though innity - cos there's no raditaion risk from coal right?

Wrong. You get a larger dose from combusted coal than you do from a nuclear plant.

oh give over, you get SOME from coal yes but nowhere in the same league, admittedly when everything is hunky dory then fair enough its safe...........but as in current events when it goes bad it goes bad

even the nuclear experts from various countries have admitted its a very bad scenario so dont pretend your even more qualified on the subject than the experts

Oh give over - you are not even in command of the facts so don't pretend you know what the dose levels are from coal fired vs nuclear. And since I'm certain you are not an expert don't pretend you are even qualified to tell me what I do and do not know...

Like I said - clueless people shouting radiation is baaaaaad.... with neither the wit nor wisdom to know if they should or not.

thats NOT what the media are saying, they are getting far over the limit and doing short shifts to limit radiation, the helicopter and police crews that are trying to cool it are also getting above the limit and being swapped very quickly

there was a piece in the papers that the crew in the reactor have SAID theyre giving their lives to avert a catastrophe (NOT my words)

Reference?

Guess why they are doing short shifts - so they don't go over the limit

Guess why they have a limit - so they don't get sick

Guess what - they are not getting sick.

:loopy:

Oh give over - you are not even in command of the facts so don't pretend you know what the dose levels are from coal fired vs nuclear. And since I'm certain you are not an expert don't pretend you are even qualified to tell me what I do and do not know...

Like I said - clueless people shouting radiation is baaaaaad.... with neither the wit nor wisdom to know if they should or not.

so neither of us are experts, personally id rather trust the experts ive heard from on the subject rather than somebody who just comes across as a rabid anti anti nuclear protestor

Reference?

Guess why they are doing short shifts - so they don't go over the limit

Guess why they have a limit - so they don't get sick

Guess what - they are not getting sick.

:loopy:

reference? try googling some news sites

they are not getting sick? only time will tell

So you have no reference then. Thought so.

really i wasnt arsed, but since you want to be a ****** about it

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/03/18/japan-earthquake-and-tsunami-heroic-fukushima-workers-ignore-risks-to-battle-nuclear-danger-115875-22997368/

NOT MY WORDS

but obviously your more an expert than the experts

Archived