Do Japan's nuclear power plants pose a threat to the UK?

Sorry but where is it saying they are dying? All I can see is the usual sensationalist bull that the average tabloid comes out with - they said exactly the same thing about TMI when that went on as well. No sources, no attruibution, nothing.

It's easy to be more of an expert btw than a Mirror hack - simply walking and chewing at the same time does it.

I quite like this take on things over at the register.

The lesson to learn here is that if your country is hit by a monster earthquake and tsunami, one of the safest places to be is at the local nuclear powerplant. Other Japanese nuclear powerplants in the quake-stricken area, in fact, are sheltering homeless refugees in their buildings – which are some of the few in the region left standing at all, let alone with heating, water and other amenities.

Nothing else in the quake-stricken area has come through anything like as well as the nuclear power stations, or with so little harm to the population. All other forms of infrastructure – transport, housing, industries – have failed the people in and around them comprehensively, leading to deaths most probably in the tens of thousands. Fires, explosions and tank/pipeline ruptures all across the region will have done incalculably more environmental damage, distributed hugely greater amounts of carcinogens than Fukushima Daiichi – which has so far emitted almost nothing but radioactive steam (which becomes non-radioactive within minutes of being generated).

And yet nobody will say after this: "don't build roads; don't build towns; don't build ships or chemical plants or oil refineries or railways". That would be ridiculous, of course, even though having all those things has actually led to terrible loss of life, destruction and pollution in the quake's wake.

But far and away more ridiculously, a lot of people are already saying that Fukushima with its probable zero consequences means that no new nuclear powerplants should ever be built again.

again doesnt sound too good by this article posted 40 minutes ago

but obviously what do they know against the experts on here

More facts without comprehension I see. TMI was a level 5 incident with no deaths resulting or increased risk of cancer as well....

Your point is?

PMSL - anti-nuclear protester? Yeah right - read what I've posted about how safe it is mate.

You can't even get that right - why should I listen to you on anything else...

You didn't even read mel's post correctly. You read what you thought was there.

A lesson for everyone there I think.

You didn't even read mel's post correctly. You read what you thought was there.

A lesson for everyone there I think.

glad im not the only one that noticed that :P

idiots are idiots no matter how exceptional or right they think they are

Archived