Ives family, Coleford rd, Darnall

ives

hi fletchup my grandparents lived at 98 coleford road up 1960 also one of the grandsons called tony ives lived there till grandma died. did you know a walter willis he lived a few doors down from my grandmother also a family called lee

Sorry, I really don't know any names as I was only 4 when we left to live on the Manor but still came back to visit my Gran. I do remember the Devoties ice cream family that had the yard at the corner house at the bottom on the left hand side. There was also a little sweet shop on the left hand side as you were going up directly across from our house. I also think one of the families in our yard was called Crowker?

• 8 months later...

My mother-in-law is Shirley Bevins who is the granddaughter of Edith and William Ives, her mother was Evelyn Ives who later married George Bevins.

I came across this thread as I am researching our family tree on Ancestry and then searched the name of William Ives on 'Google'.

3dogs I believe this means that Shirley will be your cousin, I would be really grateful if you could let me have an email copy of the photograph you mentioned in thread of the 14-03-2011 at 7.05am.

I shall be seeing Shirley tomorrow and will let her know of this contact, although not in the best of health she is always really keen to see the work I have been doing on the family tree.

When Evelyn married George Bevins on 11 November 1933 she was living at the family home which was 26 Coleford Road, Darnall, Sheffield.

hi ian i am shirleys cousin .i am the youngest of violets children i have two sisters pam and chris your mother in law will remember us i would think .the photo you mension is grandma and grandad ives and you can certainly have a copy

Archived