Great britain not great anymore.

How beautiful Sheffield is, with one hundred public parks and green spaces, all to enjoy, for free.

To all the other whingers out there, please, go outside and enjoy what's great about our city.

x x x x x

i was thinking as great britain as a whole.:)

i was thinking as great britain as a whole.:)

then you should have posted in the general section in the first place.

Britain is fine, with a very high standard of living - just like all the other rich western countries.

you should thank your lucky stars that you are amongst the priveledged quarter of the world that gets to live with the freedom and ease that we do.

unless you are lamenting the slip in our status as the dominating global superpower, with a very weathly ruling elite? if thats the case, it was even worse to be poor back then! get a grip and make the most of the oppotunites that we have, which are legion.

then you should have posted in the general section in the first place.

Britain is fine, with a very high standard of living - just like all the other rich western countries.

you should thank your lucky stars that you are amongst the priveledged quarter of the world that gets to live with the freedom and ease that we do.

unless you are lamenting the slip in our status as the dominating global superpower, with a very weathly ruling elite? if thats the case, it was even worse to be poor back then! get a grip and make the most of the oppotunites that we have, which are legion.

negative responses then on this post..with your comment everyone will be wanting to live here..

negative responses then on this post..with your comment everyone will be wanting to live here..

Well considering you started out with a negative I'm not surprised. Hold on, your from Rovvrum. Now I know why I'm not surprised.

..with your comment everyone will be wanting to live here..

Well, people do keep complaining that we have far too many immigrants and would-be immigrants. Perhaps everyone does want to live here.

Certainly, there are billions of non-British people who would give their eye teeth to have our standard of living, and only a few hundred million, at most, who could claim they have a better one.

Archived