Great britain not great anymore.

Great Britain is as great as it has ever been. The Great actually refers to the 3 countries Scotland, Wales and England. So in effect unless one of the countries gained independence then Great Britain will remain Great Britain.

Besides that it isn't really a bad place to be, although I thing Wales and Scotland might be a bit iffy.:hihi:

we havent been great for a great number of years in the world standings

I think 1957 was the final proof that Britain were no longer a world power, although in truth, the Second World War was the end of it.

Of course, "Great" referred only to size when the name was adopted in 1707. The power came later.

Great Britain is as great as it has ever been. The Great actually refers to the 3 countries Scotland, Wales and England. So in effect unless one of the countries gained independence then Great Britain will remain Great Britain.

Besides that it isn't really a bad place to be, although I thing Wales and Scotland might be a bit iffy.:hihi:

Nearly right milady, Great Britain is actually a geographical name not a political one. It refers to the main island of the British Isles which as you say includes England, Scotland and Wales. So if the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland were to split up Great Britain would still be Great Britain.

Nearly right milady, Great Britain is actually a geographical name not a political one. It refers to the main island of the British Isles which as you say includes England, Scotland and Wales. So if the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland were to split up Great Britain would still be Great Britain.

Not if it were Scotland or Wales who split it...

how depressing this country has become..high fuel prices..nhs in tatters.. have a rant here why you feel great britain isnt great anymore.are we still in a recession..feels like it..

it is fast going to hell I was recently in a part of London not to far from where I'm originally from and youths stood outside the supermarket harrassing shoppers pulling knives out 2 intimidate them if they tried to argue back shouting abuse, yes there's always been gangs in London but this latest generation of 15 16 year olds is out of control thanks to years of new labours softly approach. So I go inside do my shopping as I'm walking out Police are just telling them to move along. This kind of stuff is happening all over the country and it's these kind of minor incidents that are dragging this country down.

Only in practical terms (and some would argue that). They are still part of the Union in law.

its pulling at the union tho, its only a matter of time, we aint going back to that of old, but onwards..........who knows where itll end

In that case when King James I acceded to the throne of England and Wales in 1603, styling himself King of Great Britain, He wasn't king of the Isles of Skye or Aran then????

Archived