Great britain not great anymore.

how depressing this country has become..high fuel prices..nhs in tatters.. have a rant here why you feel great britain isnt great anymore.are we still in a recession..feels like it..

Watch Ross Kemp in the Congo!makes me realise how lucky we are.

how depressing this country has become..high fuel prices..nhs in tatters.. have a rant here why you feel great britain isnt great anymore.are we still in a recession..feels like it..

You should try watching people who live in slums and see how they manage to get by.

Watch Ross Kemp in the Congo!makes me realise how lucky we are.

As he's mostly connected with gang culture worldwide you could apply that sentiment to almost every bit of land on the planet, inc the UK. Anyway, didn't we have enough of him in Eastenders?

As he's mostly connected with gang culture worldwide you could apply that sentiment to almost every bit of land on the planet, inc the UK. Anyway, didn't we have enough of him in Eastenders?

Don't think you've got the point.

I think some of the moaners need to try living in a country where things really ARE difficult.

I appreciate the point you are making and agree that we do indeed live in one of the better places in the world, but if we blithely fail to acknowledge that there are also problems how can we begin to deal with them?

Crime in this country is out of hand, I am 59 years old and can remember in not so distant past when you could go out and leave door unlocked without fear of being robbed, now they come in and rob you while you're in bed - tell me this is good:roll:

Nearly right milady, Great Britain is actually a geographical name not a political one. It refers to the main island of the British Isles which as you say includes England, Scotland and Wales. So if the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland were to split up Great Britain would still be Great Britain.

I like

US explanation. :)

unless you are lamenting the slip in our status as the dominating global superpower, with a very weathly ruling elite? if thats the case, it was even worse to be poor back then!
Got to agree with you there.

The sad fact is that Britain is still acting like the superpower that it was at the beginning of the 20th century.

The days of the Greek city states are long gone as are the days of wealth through colonial power which as 'Moke' pointed out only brought wealth and luxury to about 3% of the population.

We must alter our stance and be more inward looking and adopt a charity begins at home policy. We can no longer afford feed, police and support anyone else but ourselves properly.

Archived