My banks have messed up and made me overdrawn

Blanco its the other way, the payment was sent from Yorkshire Bank to Halifax

Got you, Sorry - I should read more carefully.

In which case, log a formal complaint with Yorkshire. They should have activity logs which will prove exactly what you processed and saw, although I doubt its worth their time trawling them as they'll have stats on how successful FP payments are.

The excuse 'you should have printed the screen' is very disappointing, if your payment meets the FP criteria (it did) then of course it should go by FP. Keep pressing and escalating.

Good luck

I think your best bet is to rely on the Halifax's goodwill.

Your other option is to repeat the transfer but keep screen prints. This will prove whether there is an error (unless they've fixed it) and could produce evidence for a complaint.

I would start by asking nicely for a refund (from either bank). If you do want to make the threat of the Ombudsman, the correct name is the Financial Services Ombudsman (there is no Banking Ombudsman any more). Personally, dealing with banking complaints, this "threat" doesn't affect how I would deal with your issues. Hence why I suggest just asking if there is anything that they can do to help.

Archived