Speakeasy Darnall

suze0

ver knew it was called that.i knew it as darnall public hall.we used to go ,and c joe cocker dave berry and local bands of the sixteys or mite hav been fiftys older than i thought lol x

Knocked down early eighties after standing derelict and new houses were put on the site.

In previous incarnations it was called the Bo Bo Beat and the Ace of Clubs

Drinks were obtained from the neary "Monkey" the Cricketers and the New inn.

The New Inn was particularly of interest to under age drinkers as as it was to be demolished during the heyday of the Speakeasy and so the landlord wasn't bothered who drank there.

Saw a group ther called The Bedrocks who had a minor hit with The beatles Ob La Di.

Also saw some great fights.

It was frequented a lot of the same crowd who used to go to The Ark, Higway 61, Roadrunner,Down Broadway, Heartbeat etc.

Can't hear Credences "Proud Mary" without being transported back in time.

• 2 months later...
Knocked down early eighties after standing derelict and new houses were put on the site.

In previous incarnations it was called the Bo Bo Beat and the Ace of Clubs

Drinks were obtained from the neary "Monkey" the Cricketers and the New inn.

The New Inn was particularly of interest to under age drinkers as as it was to be demolished during the heyday of the Speakeasy and so the landlord wasn't bothered who drank there.

Saw a group ther called The Bedrocks who had a minor hit with The beatles Ob La Di.

Also saw some great fights.

It was frequented a lot of the same crowd who used to go to The Ark, Higway 61, Roadrunner,Down Broadway, Heartbeat etc.

Can't hear Credences "Proud Mary" without being transported back in time.

Odd-jobs, i must know you, I was in that night when the Bedrocks performed to about 6 in the audience. used to go to the Ark and the rest of them.

Archived