Cameron and clegg

I think, like all governments, they have stakeholders "above" (special interests) and "below" (the public) to appease in their policy making. People don't trust government because they feel they are pulling more weight for the special interests than public interest.

What a lot of people are asking for is a complete change in how government does business. That is a government who wishes to change the political system itself rather than create reform safely within it. Most governments ultimately believe in the status quo in that respect.

I would like to see a more powerful figure with fairness to run the country. Someone who has worked hard from the bottom and worked their way up. Someone who understands each background.

unfortunately, none of the parties have anyone like that

I'm a little perturbed by how savagely they are doing things. I do broadly support what they're doing but some of it seems shortsighted.

For instance not giving tax breaks to up and coming industries bothers me a lot. I realise that cuts have to be made but not at the expense of stopping industry growing.

Archived