Cameron and clegg

And your opinion of Nick Clegg and the LibDems if they had got into bed with Labour would have been.

As far as I recall, labour were not that keen on discussions with the lib dems, and basicaly told them to go and negotiate with the Tories...one thing they refused to do was...cling to power at any cost..

As far as I recall, labour were not that keen on discussions with the lib dems, and basicaly told them to go and negotiate with the Tories...one thing they refused to do was...cling to power at any cost..

You recall? Why wouldn't someone form an alliance if it meant being in government? I think you'll probably find the conservatives offered the bigger bribes ... oops I believe sweeteners is the more acceptable term banted around in the opinionpapers.

You recall? Why wouldn't someone form an alliance if it meant being in government? I think you'll probably find the conservatives offered the bigger bribes ... oops I believe sweeteners is the more acceptable term banted around in the opinionpapers.

the labour party lost, the tories may not have won but the labour party lost

the labour leadership may have been grasping onto any straw to enable them to remain in power but i doubt the two losers stealing the election would have sat well with anyone but their most fanatical followers

also, a working majority would have required the cooperation of the smaller parties and their price would have been high. the snp's would almost certainly have been greater moves towards independence and probably a referendum on it, the welsh nationalists probably the same.

it also would have been all but impossible to maintain such a disparate coalition when the going got tough

Archived