New wedding services at Sheffield Town Hall

Just wondering if there are any couples who wish to comment on the new facilities that the Town Hall will soon be offering for weddings and the rise in prices to £110 of a weekday and £130 of a weekend (Saturday afternoons now as well as mornings)?

I am waiting until the middle of next week to ring them back (as advised when they returned my call Thrus/Fri), so I can find out if the changes will b in effect from Aug this year as it means I will have to pay more for my wedding and also if they have revised Saturday times I might be able to get married later in the day. I think I would need to see what the difference was between the new rooms and the existing room that they are de commissioning.

Hope so.. but anyway all I have paid is the £20 deposit, not given notice or whatever it is, they just said would contact me after the meeting (I paid the £20 in mid Feb), so not entirley sure... I want to know whats so good about the new rooms!

I have emailed the register office stated to them that I have already paid fully for my wedding in August and asked what the changes will be. This is the reply I have got :

We are to have some changes to the prices and rooms at the Register Office over the coming months but do not, as yet, know when these changes will take place. If it is before your ceremony we will honour the price you have already paid. However, the changes are complex and it may well be that they do not take place before your ceremony so you will not see any difference. We will keep you fully informed if there is any change that you need to be aware of or anything you need to do.

Hope this helps some of you that are getting married their.

Thank you Loopylulu.

We're going to pop down to the Town Hall on Wednesday anyway as we want to ask about a couple of things, e.g. me being walked in by my dad and not seeing my fiance beforehand, and our choice of music. Things that are not covered in the booklet they gave us and need sorting as we get hitched next week.

:)

Archived