New wedding services at Sheffield Town Hall

Thank you Loopylulu.

We're going to pop down to the Town Hall on Wednesday anyway as we want to ask about a couple of things, e.g. me being walked in by my dad and not seeing my fiance beforehand, and our choice of music. Things that are not covered in the booklet they gave us and need sorting as we get hitched next week.

:)

Your welcome.

Ive spoke to them before about walking in with my dad and I think it would be very difficult to do that because you have to go in one of the marriage rooms before the service with your hubby to be - the only way of doing it is by him not looking, and you can be waiting a while in the waiting area as well. What I think I am going to have to do is have somebody on the town hall steps run in and tell him I am here and my dad will have to walk me into the waiting area.

If they tell you different though please let me know.

The music you can take in when you go in the room before the service.

Hi, We paid a £20.00 deposit over the phone to secure the date and the fee was £110.50 payable when our bands were read. The room was really nice but you do have to go into the room with your spouse before your guests are invited in to join you. We have music played for the guests to walk in and then different track was played while we signed the register. The service was lovely...apart from the lady who was filling all the details in the register coughed throughout our ceremony!!!

Hope this helps x

Well we were not given that option. Maybe if you ask before hand they will allow you to do this but we were taken into the ceremony room asked a few questions to ensure they had all our details correct and then asked to sit at the front while our guests were shown in.

Well we were not given that option. Maybe if you ask before hand they will allow you to do this but we were taken into the ceremony room asked a few questions to ensure they had all our details correct and then asked to sit at the front while our guests were shown in.

I think you probably have to ask then. I think I have asked about this for my wedding and they tell you to mention it to the registrar when you go into the room.

We are geti married on 30th April this year at Sheffield Town Hall. I have just spoken to them on the phone and you can walk in (with your own music) with father of the bride + bridesmaids etc, you just have to say when you and your partner arrive at the town hall that you would like the guests to go in first. Apparently that's what most people do. (If you take all music you want played on cd, they will play it for you . eg while walking down the aisle, while signing the register, while walking out into the peace gardens.)

I have spoken to a bloke today who said I still pay the £60-odd when I give notice of marriage then it's either the £40-odd or £100++ depending on where they are with the changes. Woman who left voicemail earlier on said the new times may not have come into affect by then so I should stick with my 10.30 wedding- bit disappointed as would love later but hey ho!

Got to wait to be contacted now about going in, if not heard from them by June, to call them back for an update.

We popped down to the Town Hall this afternoon to speak to them and view the room (we get married there next week). The lady told us both me and my fiance would be seen in the ceremony room prior to the wedding and then they let the guests in.

There is an option to go back out and be walked in once guests are seated but I think walking through the guests to go in with my fiance kind of takes the edge of it so I'm going to get my dad to walk me from the car into the Town Hall and have photo's done doing that rather than down the 'aisle' (if there's any scrotes or placard waving people, as there was today, then they're just gonna have to move!).

One more thing I think I should mention.. we were under the impression we could have some photo's taken on the Town Hall staircase but we've been told today it will depend on how many weddings are happening (amount of people in foyer) and if we do want them we'll have to leave via the side door after the service and go back in through the front entrance to see if we're able to use the staircase.

We also asked if we could leave a car out front while we get married (with ribbons so obviously a wedding car although not a traditional one) but that would depend on what the Lord mayor is doing on the day. The car may be ok but maybe not. Any cars with drivers waiting are okay. As our best man is driving my fiance there we've been told to park the car in the multi storey 'cheese grater' to be on the safe side.

when we booked our wedding, (back in October last year) we were told that if you wanted photo's taken on the staircase, they would need to be taken before the ceremony, (so arrive extra early) as when the cerermony finishes, you leave via the side exit into the peace gardens x

Archived