Carbrook in the early 20th century

I was born in Carbrook (Weedon Street) in the 50's I have very few memories of it but my interest as been fueled reading the entries on this site. I would like to get to see some old maps of the streets at this time as I can not remember the street names, or how they conected, except Carbrook st,Weedon St,Barking st and Dunlop st. If anyone could tell me where to find the information I would be gratefull.

I was born in Carbrook (Weedon Street) in the 50's I have very few memories of it but my interest as been fueled reading the entries on this site. I would like to get to see some old maps of the streets at this time as I can not remember the street names, or how they conected, except Carbrook st,Weedon St,Barking st and Dunlop st. If anyone could tell me where to find the information I would be gratefull.
hi there was bright street webster street yarmouth street

bright street ran all the way from weedon street to carbrook street along side dunlop street hope this helps

Go to oldmaps.co.uk

and scroll down for a large scale 1955 map of the area and streets you mention.

• 2 years later...
On Picture Sheffield there are a few pictures of Carbrook Street, Weedon Street, and DunlopStreet, one of which is the junction of Carbrook Street and Dunlop Street showing two pubs. I was born in 1933 in the house opposite the two pubs.

Did you know the Egan family by any chance.

Archived