Sheffield to London (Victoria) via train

Wow great thread. Will keep this in mind for my trip to London. Although i thought you could go stright from Sheffield to Victoria. Planning on going to the Science museum and Zoo. Was going to drive.

Book as early as you can ( Up to 3 months in advance ) and have a fiddle about with the train times and you could save a lot of money and I mean a lot.

Wow great thread. Will keep this in mind for my trip to London.

My other tips are :

if possible go over night - look at the travel lodges -can be great value and if times are right will cost no more then just going for the day

use (if you get them) your tesco clubcard points for an attarction or two

when you book your train tickets you can get 2:1 offers into places like the Aquarium

look at national chains (wagamamas etc) for meal deal vouchers.

My other tip is if the weather is reasonable, buy your lunch from a Tesco Express (other supermarkets are also available) and eat it in one of the parks. Much cheaper than eating in somewhere.

Here is the 2 for 1 promotion which the train companies do, as mentioned in the post above: http://www.daysoutguide.co.uk/

Thanks Andy - am dreadful at links!

Archived