Sheffield to London (Victoria) via train

been looking tonight to do same route, from £1 - £15 one way for an adult ticket in mid april MEGABUS i would honestly recommend them - but my friend said look to national express they could be another cheaper option so all in all under £30 you could get there for even £2 if your really lucky lol for a single adult- but yeah have a look i was surprised at how cheap and decent the early booking were

all the best

I have done the Megabus/National Express before, and still do occasionally if I'm feeling poor and haven't managed to book a cheap train ticket.

But honestly I wouldn't recommend taking a 7 year old on it - the journey takes about 4 hours. Also because of the time the OP wants to get to London, they'd have to set off at the crack of dawn. And if they're going back the same day, it will be a very very long day.

a book , ds , something to distract the child , - i know its a long time but if you got a night one try get him her to sleep on the bus then perhaps it would work , some are 2.30 hrs on it as they are also that bit more expensive- but i think its a faster route dnr honestly know how it gets ya there sooner, maybe dinner time traffic or something?.....

Just so you know too.. having a travel card gives you travel using any public transport and a lot of london attractions offer 2 for 1 tickets when you travel using a travelcard, quite handy if you're looking to go in any of the attractions around there.

I live in london and it's a very good deal and I've used it many times to get into madam Tussuad, london dungeons etc.

Thats the only closest thing to were was going i think. Nothing much more to see or do with out spending more money.

There are things within walking distance of Parliament, and if you've got a day card on the tube anyway you can get to any of the museums or galleries that you fancy.

Natural History museum is good for kids, lots of dinosaur bones to look at.

Or you can have a walk down the South Bank of the Thames, there are cafes, stalls, living statues, view of the river, etc... Can be a pleasant walk.

As I said before Cyclone, I've done the Megabus and it's good if you're skint. For me the real benefit of the train is not the time saving, but the fact that it is much more comfortable, you can stretch your legs, get a coffee etc and there is more likely to be a working loo than on the coach!

You can get some good deals on the train if you book well in advance and are prepared to be flexible. I've just booked my tickets home for a weekend at the end of May and got them for £10 to Doncaster and £15 for the journey back. My last lot of tickets were £7 each way through Megatrain. That is about double the coach fare but worth it for the reasons mentioned. However if I had to go at short notice I may well use the coach because the "walk up" fairs on the trains are expensive.

Archived