Re-filling the same beer glass- is it illegal?

To call it unhygenic would be an under statement.

Yet I see fella's in my local pubs taking their saliva laced empty beer glasses back to the bar for re-fill after re-fill all the time and no one ever bats an eye lid.

It's discusts me to think that the next person being served who'll be blissfully unaware that the nozzle dripping in froth which has traces of someone elses saliva in it which the unsuspecting punter will gulp down along with their beer due to the inconsideration of certain punters and bar staff that find it necessary to re-fill used beer glasses. if it isn't a crime it ought to be.

Yet I see fella's in my local pubs taking their saliva laced empty beer glasses back to the bar for re-fill after re-fill all the time and no one ever bats an eye lid.

It's discusts me to think that the next person being served who'll be blissfully unaware that the nozzle dripping in froth which has traces of someone elses saliva in it which the unsuspecting punter will gulp down along with their beer due to the inconsideration of certain punters and bar staff that find it necessary to re-fill used beer glasses. if it isn't a crime it ought to be.

It is illegal yes. For some reason some of the oldies feel the need to demand the same glass and refuse a clean one, god knows why.

so how many have died from it in the last 100 years

Link please…………. and why do they have to put the nozzle in the glass anyway.

When a pub is busy who wants there beer out of a glass that as just come out of a dishwasher.

I don't have a link and I'm not going to search for one. I've worked in lots of pubs and have always been told to give a clean glass every time even if it means losing custom, for this reason.

Archived