Re-filling the same beer glass- is it illegal?

They are removed for legal reasons as one persons drinking could lead to another person being convicted;

Have I read that correctly, you're saying that If I hadn't drank anything, or very little, I could fail a breathe test if the tube had earlier been blown on by someone over the limit?

I would be amazed if that was the case...a breathalyzer measures a persons breathe, surely a persons alcohol-free breathe wouldn't be tainted by any residual boozy spittle someone had left on the end of the tube.

I don't have a link and I'm not going to search for one. I've worked in lots of pubs and have always been told to give a clean glass every time even if it means losing custom, for this reason.

I agree. All staff in the pubs I've worked in had to pass the food hygiene & health & safety courses.

So if it’s the law why aren’t all pubs doing it ……….. talking to a local landlady she said its better in a new glass because it will stay lively for longer …………. Not a lot of people know that. :hihi:

Here's a link http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/environment/environmental-health/food/advice-and-support/food-safety-legislation

Whether it's a spoon or a pint of beer your issue is the saliva isn't it? How can one bother you but not the other?

Like I say, we are all odd in some way.

I dunno, I was always taught not to put my knife, spoon, etc into something that someone else is going to eat.

I'm also funny about someone putting a dirty knife back into butter/marg that's going back in the fridge or people who scrape the unused butter from their knife back into the tub.:gag:. However if the knife is going into a butter pat that's being used up there and then by several of us, it wouldn't bother me at all.

The beer transfer, the nozzles are wiped at least at the end of the night if not before that, in my experience.

I suppose I'm not scared of fresh saliva but the stuff that's been hanging around for a bit, I'm not so keen on. :hihi:

Don't like spitting though.

Archived