Re-filling the same beer glass- is it illegal?

It always make me laugh when minor things like this are deemed "illegal", how will this "law" be made enforceable, having a policeman propping the bar up every night waiting for the barmaid to use the same glass twice then slapping her in handcuffs and dragging her down to the station.

Typical of the ridiculous over the top reaction to anything these days, in my drinking days most people kept the same glass for the duration of the evening and sometimes the bar person would ask if you wanted a clean one.

Use your common sense and leave the law out of such trivialities.

people are strange.

they will go to a pub and later in the evening stick their tongue in a strangers face because they fancied them bit worry about little things like a used glass.

Would you let someone you fancied run their tounge around the rim of a glass you were drinking from? What point are you making here?

It's nothing to do with company policy, it's more to do with the madness of health and safety laws threatening to close places down at the drop of a hat.

So if it’s the law why aren’t all pubs doing it ……….. talking to a local landlady she said its better in a new glass because it will stay lively for longer …………. Not a lot of people know that. :hihi:

ive gone to the bar and had MY OWN glass refilled, ive not heard about pubs refilling other peoples for others???
I'm not saying punters re-fill someone elses glass for them.

I'm saying that re-filling used glasses is discusting and should be illegal.

I don't have a link and I'm not going to search for one. I've worked in lots of pubs and have always been told to give a clean glass every time even if it means losing custom, for this reason.

perhaps thats why all the pubs are shut / shutting then

Archived