Re-filling the same beer glass- is it illegal?

Would you let someone you fancied run their tounge around the rim of a glass you were drinking from? What point are you making here?

haha if i fancied someone enough then yes of course i would let them run their tongue around my glass. would not cause me a moments pause.

my point is.

find something more important to worry about. you, nor i nor anyone else in here is anywhere near as hygenic as you think. you touch door handles, keyboards etc stuff thats laced with germs yet you as about the law on clean glasses.

one of the reasons the uk is in the trouble it is in is that we have FAR to many laws. lots of them trying to control tiny areas of our lives. less laws not more would love a lot of problems

It always make me laugh when minor things like this are deemed "illegal", how will this "law" be made enforceable, having a policeman propping the bar up every night waiting for the barmaid to use the same glass twice then slapping her in handcuffs and dragging her down to the station.

Typical of the ridiculous over the top reaction to anything these days, in my drinking days most people kept the same glass for the duration of the evening and sometimes the bar person would ask if you wanted a clean one.

Use your common sense and leave the law out of such trivialities.

How is under age drinking policed?

How is the smoking ban policed?

haha if i fancied someone enough then yes of course i would let them run their tongue around my glass. would not cause me a moments pause.

my point is.

find something more important to worry about. you, nor i nor anyone else in here is anywhere near as hygenic as you think. you touch door handles, keyboards etc stuff thats laced with germs yet you as about the law on clean glasses.

one of the reasons the uk is in the trouble it is in is that we have FAR to many laws. lots of them trying to control tiny areas of our lives. less laws not more would love a lot of problems

Exactly.! Imagine the danger of using a beer glass that youve just had a pint in.!!!:roll::roll:

So if it’s the law why aren’t all pubs doing it ……….. talking to a local landlady she said its better in a new glass because it will stay lively for longer …………. Not a lot of people know that. :hihi:

Why don't you go and ask them?

I think everyone who's served a pint before knows that, there's another reason for using a clean glass!

my point is.

So why worry? I'm fairly sure that if it were food we were talking about you'd hold a different viewpoint.

For example: If a restaurant gave you the unwashed cutlery that the previous diners had used would you mind?

Exactly.! Imagine the danger of using a beer glass that youve just had a pint in.!!!:roll::roll:
There would be no danger in swollowing your own saliva pat, but why should the next person who is served have to swollow traces of your saliva that are left on the nozzle?

is it strangers you worry about? or everyone?

if your partner gives you a taste of their meal when your out, do you refuse because the fork has been in their mouth.

if a mate offers you a drink of their cola on a hot day do you refuse because their lips have touched the bottle?

I dont know about you, but when i am drinking a pint, i tend to take the liquid out of the glass not deposit more in. when my glass is empty my lips have been around the lip of the glass and i almost certainly havent decided to spit in the bottom.

Archived