Re-filling the same beer glass- is it illegal?

is it strangers you worry about? or everyone?

if your partner gives you a taste of their meal when your out, do you refuse because the fork has been in their mouth.

if a mate offers you a drink of their cola on a hot day do you refuse because their lips have touched the bottle?

I dont know about you, but when i am drinking a pint, i tend to take the liquid out of the glass not deposit more in. when my glass is empty my lips have been around the lip of the glass and i almost certainly havent decided to spit in the bottom.

Did you know that the remnants in the bottom of your beer glass is mainly saliva? Why would anyone that doesn't know you want your saliva in their beer?

The amount of saliva concerned must be minimal. How much can really attach its self to the nozzle? Even if the glass was full of spit it probably wouldn't be a problem.
refer to post 28 Andy, I'd be interested to hear your opinion.

by law the pub have to give you a clean glass everytime you get a fresh drink.

i love it when people quote "by law" especially when they dont actually know the law.

can you please post which law says they have to give you a clean glass.

Is anyone claiming this is against the law able to find which law it's banned under, as I've never heard of it being illegal.

Against most place's policies, yes, and it wouldn't surprise me to hear that some of them blame it on Health & Safety, but I doubt very much there is an actual law against a customer reusing a glass.

Mythbusters once did an similar experiment - how much bacteria do you transfer to dips if you eat part of a crisp and then dip it again. The answer - none.

Archived