Re-filling the same beer glass- is it illegal?

I dont think that its illegal, not good hygiene practice, but to be honest neither is keeping bottles in a cellar or outside. There are many questionable things that go ahead in bars and restaurants that its probably not worth worrying about.

Personally, I wouldn't want to use the same glass for a drink, im not sure of the reasons that people do but as long as the bar staff dont make a habit of touching used glasses on the nozzles of the pumps it shouldn't be a problem.

Of course it's not illegal. Do you expect the pub to but beer glasses, fill them once, then throw them away after they've been used? They wouldn't be able to afford it.
Why would I expect that to happen?

If you're wanting to criticize me for something then at least present an argument that criticizes something I've actually posted.

Not quite the same as having your own glass re-filled.

The principle is the same. I wouldn't want to eat my food with another diners unwashed cutlery... would you?

Originally posted by sccsux

Do you simply leave your car if it runs out of petrol and go buy a new one to fill up, or do you re-fill your current vehicle ... Hmmmm.

What as filling my car with petrol have to do with the topic being discussed?

The principle is the same. I wouldn't want to eat my food with another diners unwashed cutlery... would you?

your missing the point, NOBODY eats or drinks in establishments with none washed utensils.

everything gets washed after somebody uses it

this threads about say i drink a pint, then i go back to the bar with said glass and ask for a refill

whats wrong with that, theres only me used it, its my germs and spit on it???

people seem to be confusing the two and getting 9 (nobody has said its ok to use somebody elses unwashed item?)

your missing the point, NOBODY eats or drinks in establishments with none washed utensils.

everything gets washed after somebody uses it

this threads about say i drink a pint, then i go back to the bar with said glass and ask for a refill

whats wrong with that, theres only me used it, it's my germs and spit on it???

people seem to be confusing the two and getting 9 (nobody has said its ok to use somebody elses unwashed item?)

Your germs and spit are also left on the nozzle and transfered to someone elses glass. Are you saying this is ok?

No point worrying about it. I would imagine that most pubs have a pipe running from the dregs straight back into the barrel, so your pint is probably already filled with flob before it leaves the pump.

Stick to rose wine it's sophisticated, hygenic and tastes like pop.:)

is the nozzle bigger than the glass? can you squirt without touching the glass?
The size of the nozzle in relation to the glass is irrelevant. All that matters is the experience of the bar staff if your suggesting that the saliva from your glass needn't be transfered to someone elses glass. Most pint pullers submerge the nozzle into the froth, it's common practice.

if I'm having a few in the same place i like to have the same glass re-filled. not too OCD about it but i quite like it.

with all the other things that can spread 'killer germs' to you not sure a refill would be top of my list to worry about anyway.

Archived