Re-filling the same beer glass- is it illegal?

if I'm having a few in the same place i like to have the same glass re-filled. not too OCD about it but i quite like it.

with all the other things that can spread 'killer germs' to you not sure a refill would be top of my list to worry about anyway.

Answer me this then- why is spitting in public frowned upon by so many of us seeing as it doesn't spread killer germs?

Answer me this then- why is spitting in public frowned upon by so many of us seeing as it doesn't spread killer germs?

we frown on a lot of things that have nothing to do with killer germs. it's just disgusting, i think, that's why I, personally, frown upon it.

my point was just that i like to have refills. in the same way i like the same seat in my local though i wouldn't kick up a fuss, or i like to start my drinking with w Guinness etc, just stuff i like to to do.

as for the germ thing, door handles, coughs and all sorts could do you harm but we can't be too scared all the time.

So why worry? I'm fairly sure that if it were food we were talking about you'd hold a different viewpoint.

For example: If a restaurant gave you the unwashed cutlery that the previous diners had used would you mind?

but were not saying about using someone elses glass, or someone elses cutlery, were talking about those people taking the glass they have just used, and using it again..

cuts down on work for the bar staff, cuts down on time it takes the barstaff, and also enables the staff to serve more customers as they have more 'clean' glasses available..

and the pumps are always run for a few seconds after a glass is full so any 'residue' will be none existant..

oh, and don't forget the fact that alcohol sterilises, oh, and barley fights bacteria also...

but yes, it is actually the law that you are served with a clean glass....

It can, if theres a breeze, and someone spits.. small droplets can travel in the wind and contaminate someone else...

you can also get it on your shoes, tread the germs into your home etc....

we frown on a lot of things that have nothing to do with killer germs. it's just disgusting, i think, that's why I, personally, frown upon it.

my point was just that i like to have refills. in the same way i like the same seat in my local though i wouldn't kick up a fuss, or i like to start my drinking with w Guinness etc, just stuff i like to to do.

as for the germ thing, door handles, coughs and all sorts could do you harm but we can't be too scared all the time.

That's fine. However, I never use the same glass because I consider that to be discusting. What I can't understand is why this particular practice is of little concern to some of you when other practices where saliva is transfered- such as licking a spoon clean before stirring someone's coffee would be unacceptable. Where do you draw the line on unnecessary saliva transfer?

It can, if theres a breeze, and someone spits.. small droplets can travel in the wind and contaminate someone else...

you can also get it on your shoes, tread the germs into your home etc....

What germs? Up untill now saliva germs haven't been a concern to anyone.

That's fine. However, I never use the same glass because I consider that to be discusting. What I can't understand is why this particular practice is of little concern to some of you when other practices where saliva is transfered- such as licking a spoon clean before stirring someone's coffee would be unacceptable. Where do you draw the line on unnecessary saliva transfer?

licking MY spoon then stirring MY coffee? that's fine that. my line is basically when my saliva goes where someone else might be exposed to it or the other way round. and even that is very broad. i don't mind people 'tasting' my drink, sharing a smoke etc... why would you be disgusted by your own spit? you're not exactly bringing up mouthfuls, spitting them into the glass then saying you want the bartender to fill it up with ale.

Archived