5 year olds toe nearly cut off no stitches

hi

just wondered if it is normal practice for the hospital not to put any stitches in my sons big toe, when it was nearly chopped off.

he dropped a large rock with a very sharpe edge on, onto his big toe which almost cut right through the toe, he was taken to hospital and all they did was clean it up then put a bandage on. when i asked if it needed stitches i was told there was nothing to stitch too.

but i am worried it will not heal very well.

if anybody knows more about this kind of thing can you please comment or pm me

hi

just wondered if it is normal practice for the hospital not to put any stitches in my sons big toe, when it was nearly chopped off.

he dropped a large rock with a very sharpe edge on, onto his big toe which almost cut right through the toe, he was taken to hospital and all they did was clean it up then put a bandage on. when i asked if it needed stitches i was told there was nothing to stitch too.

but i am worried it will not heal very well.

if anybody knows more about this kind of thing can you please comment or pm me

Which hospital ? Was it the A & E dept ?

it was barnsley general

yes it was the a&e dept

it only happened yesterday so i was thinking if it was in the week would things have been different.

Should make no difference, but I would be back tommorrow if it were me, asking them to check the toe again, just to be on the safe side.

I once chopped my outermost finger off about halfway, and bandaged it back on, changing the bandage every day or two. It healed quite well, but doesn't bend as much as the one on me other hand does.

I'd imagine it should heal back ok. But best to check up on it if your worried...

Archived