Rivelin Hotel Artist 1979ish

cuttsie

Around spring time in 1980 an artist used to exhibit his oil paintings in the Rivelin Hotel ,I bought a painting that was hung in the bar at the time [£12].the theme of the painting was the Boxing Day Football match between Wed and United.

The painting shows a Wednesday fan sat at home reading the Green Un the headline of the paper reads Boxing Day Massacre. The fan is also supping a bottle of Stones .

The signature at the bottom is not clear but reads something like,RE Houtith or similar name.

Does anyone remember who this artist was or any other info of the time, the Landlord at that time was called George the Landlady was Wendy. Cheers

• 2 years later...

Hi

I was a regular of the Rivelin Hotel around that time possibly 1982. Although I can't help with your query. I wonder if you can recall the surname of Wendy and George or indeed where they moved to. They were friends of my late wife Julia and I would love to get in touch with them again.

Regards

Trevor Staniforth

---------- Post added 01-02-2014 at 12:45 ----------

Around spring time in 1980 an artist used to exhibit his oil paintings in the Rivelin Hotel ,I bought a painting that was hung in the bar at the time [£12].the theme of the painting was the Boxing Day Football match between Wed and United.

The painting shows a Wednesday fan sat at home reading the Green Un the headline of the paper reads Boxing Day Massacre. The fan is also supping a bottle of Stones .

The signature at the bottom is not clear but reads something like,RE Houtith or similar name.

Does anyone remember who this artist was or any other info of the time, the Landlord at that time was called George the Landlady was Wendy. Cheers

Hi

I was a regular of the Rivelin Hotel around that time possibly 1982. Although I can't help with your query. I wonder if you can recall the surname of Wendy and George or indeed where they moved to. They were friends of my late wife Julia and I would love to get in touch with them again.

Regards

Trevor Staniforth

Hi

Regards

Trevor Staniforth

---------- Post added 01-02-2014 at 12:45 ----------

Hi

Regards

Trevor Staniforth

Their name will come to me when I am not thinking about it as usual.

Wendy and George where friends of Malcolm Elliot the profesional cyclist who has a blog some where on line he will know their name.

Hi

thanks for your reply, unfortunately after searching on line I am unable to find any thing that would help me to contact Malcolm Elliott about this.

Do you have any other suggestions for me.

Regards

Trevor

Hi

thanks for your reply, unfortunately after searching on line I am unable to find any thing that would help me to contact Malcolm Elliott about this.

Do you have any other suggestions for me.

Regards

Trevor

The Rutland cycling club may help. George and Wendy's son Simon was a member.

Is your enquiry of an urgent nature if so I will try to get in touch with customers who used the Rivelin at that time.

Archived