Ridiculous! No 'e'.

I have to admit my grammar isn't that good, but i do like to see good grammar and spelling used.Unfortunately the use of TEXT on mobile phones

is killing the art of good writing.

I write in text speach on my mobile phone which is where it should, in my opinion, be the ONLY place it should be used.

For any other writing - on forums, in letters, debates, etc - correct writing skills should be used.

Unfortunately, there are far too many young people who haven't, as yet, grasped that there is a difference and seem to think that "text speach" is actually the "correct" way of writing!

I write in text speach on my mobile phone which is where it should, in my opinion, be the ONLY place it should be used.
Why should it be used there? I can appreciate that text messages used to be expensive and you needed to shorten things but these days most people have thousands as part of their package. Theres no need to use it at all

I have to admit my grammar isn't that good, but i do like to see good grammar and spelling used.Unfortunately the use of TEXT on mobile phones

is killing the art of good writing.

It doesn't have too though. If I am forced to send a Text message,which,admittedly,I do try to avoid,I still write everything out in full and try to punctuate it to the best of my ability.

Why should it be used there? I can appreciate that text messages used to be expensive and you needed to shorten things but these days most people have thousands as part of their package. Theres no need to use it at all

I personally just find it easier and quicker to write in "text" on my mobile - it's just my own preference. BUT, the difference is I know when to use and when NOT to use it!!! Unfortunately, as I have previously said, a lot of young people simply don't and just take text speach as being the "norm".

I've got a friend who uses semi colons in his texts :love:

Archived