Anyone else had a disturbing phone call like this??

No.

The man just wanted to buy a frock. That doesn't make him a threat to anyone.

I agree! Some people are getting a bit paranoid here. If I were the OP, I wouldn't have liked him to try on the clothes, but there is absolutely no reason to report him - he's done nothing wrong.

When I used to work in a call centre, we got loads of blokes ringing up making weird suggestions - we just laughed them off!

I agree with other posters it does not make him a weirdo just a transvestite, but as the poster is obviously a bit worried by this behaviour it is ok for her to turn him down. Another option could have been to have her partner or a male friend there when he came round just as a precaution.

A few years ago placed an ad in free-ads selling new born baby equipment, included was a breast pump for milk extraction.

A bloke called & spoke to myself, said his wife just had a baby & was looking to buy loads of stuff cheap & would call again after he had spoken to his wife.

He did call back 5 or 6 times during the day whilst I was at work and started terrorising my wife & asking for demonstrations with the breast pump. Police advised buying a loud whistle & blowing really hard - Tell you what, it worked ! - one blow of the whistle & he never called again... :idea:

Archived