Saudi Bahrain Invasion :

France. Unsurprisingly, since the purpose was to rid America from les Anglais :D at a time when there was -again and still- no love lost between the two realms.

I'll not comment about whether this involvement "resolved (the American Civil War) satisfactorily by outside (French) intervention", as I do not believe it was so extensive as to prove pivotal. But it certainly helped Americans a fair bit.

For the little story, this is why/where the volunteer-based 'Lafayette' French air force squadron got its name from ;)

Wrong war, my bad :o

Yep,you were thinking of the War of Independence..

They clearly aren't going to intervene in Bahrain. Even diplomatic protests could result in higher oil prices or shortages. Lets not forget that the 9/11 attack was largely planned and carried out by Saudis, and the largest financers and supporters of fundamentalist Islamic doctrine are the Saudis. Our governments are running scared of the oil rich Gulf monarchs. Then there is the added complication that because of the sectarian Sunni/Shia element and the proximity of Iran, this thing could get well out of hand.

Libya on the other hand, is a regime on the brink of collapse with no significant support anywhere. With a small push, Gaddafi will probably fall, but left to his own devices, he may regain control, after which his first action would almost certainly be to engage in widespread massacring of his own people, before turning his attention to how he can get revenge on the countries which encouraged his opponents to risk their lives, yet lacked the conviction to actually provide them with any meaningful support.

9/11 has been proven to be a inside job, one of the small reasons being that no cctv evidence exists of at 12 of the men even setting foot on U.S soil.

but that is another subject,

Lets Not forget the west has supported , funded and Armed the Saudi Regime since before the fall of the Ottaoman empire!

the West is hardly scared of a regime IT has sponsored , natured and which it has very very close ties with,

Yes Double standards as long as the Brutal dictator is OUR friend he is free to do as he will , be it suppressing human rights, sending in a invasion force to quell demonstrations etc

(Advance warning ... the spellling police are here ;))

Actually, it's not the largest Armada this world has ever seen. The Armada of small ships which rescued British Servicemen from Dunkerque numbered over 900 vessels - not counting the RN vessels.

Does the 5th Fleet have 900 vessels? (Apart from blood vessels?)

If it is indeed 'undoublty the most deadliest' [sic], what weapons systems does it use to ensure that lethality? Comedy? (Your statement sounds like many made by Wilfrid Pickles: "I'm in the mudiddle! Most indubitobubly I am!")

Could it be that they can't get from 'at home' to somewhere many thousands of miles away in a few minutes? Or even in a few days?

Are you aware that the Royal Navy (in its prime) had ships scattered all around the world? Where were they planning to invade? Everywhere?

I don't know anything about 'imprialism'. Is that something like priapism? - If so, 'the Gut' is much cleaner nowadays than it was 45 years ago, so they might as well forget going to Malta.

Are you aware that there are USAF personnel stationed in the UK? - Perhaps they're trying to find out what the Brits are doing with all those 'fission chips'?

I did ask you (Post #14) to post the evidence you use to support your allegation that the US intends to invade Iran. Exclamation marks aren't evidence. I ask you again: "What evidence do you have to support your claim that the US intends to invade Iran within the next year?"

Foreign Oil companies operating in Iran include:

Gazprom

Petronas

Shell

Total

Elf Aquitaine

Japex

PetroCanada

Ultramar

Chevron, and

Coastal

Petronas is Malaysian, Gazprom is Russian and Japex is Japanese.

All the others are 'Western Oil Companies'.

What makes you think that '[The] Iranian people rejected ...western oil companies'?

7 out of 10 foreign oil companies operating in Iran are 'western oil companies'.

Doesn't sound like 'rejection' to me.

yes largest armada! it is measured in the weight and size!

(Advance warning ... the spellling police are here ;))

I did ask you (Post #14) to post the evidence you use to support your allegation that the US intends to invade Iran. Exclamation marks aren't evidence. I ask you again: "What evidence do you have to support your claim that the US intends to invade Iran within the next year?"

OF COURSE USA AND ISREAL ARE PREPARING TO ATTACK IRAN

THAT IS MOST EVIDENT BY THE HOSTILE LANGUAGE USED

AND THE MEDIA BRAINWASHING OF THE PUBLIC TO START ACCEPTING THE FACT THAT WE DO NEED TO ATTACK IRAN VERY SOON!

It's not an invasion as they are there at the request of the governing powers of Bahrain. It is very worrying though, what legitimacy do these foreign troops have in quelling any unrest? I think it's a case of one lot of ruling Sunnis helping out their buddies another ruling Sunni monarch and will only inflame tensions with the Shia majority who will see them as stooges of their Sunni rulers.

what is more worrying is that the west including our government is totally okay with this!

lets not forget we need to protect the home of the worlds largest war armada situated in Bahrain!

The fifth fleet is not a static nor standing fleet, it can vary from one carrier stike force to several.

The support element from our old Royal Naval base is minimal in terms of US power projection in the gulf, their are dozens of gulf bases.

As to Iran, that is Irans call. Act the regional asshat and who knows what will happen, that's not down to a simple yorkshire gardener.

im not surprised by the General acceptance that another war is acceptable!

the Public has been and is being brainwashed every day to start belving Iran is a enemy!

well we invaded and Bombed iraq even though a Iraqi national has never attacked the UK or West

we Bombed and Invaded Afghanistan even though never has a Afgani national attacked the UK or West

so of coarse fickle people will see iran just as the next logical step!

shame!

im not surprised by the General acceptance that another war is acceptable!

the Public has been and is being brainwashed every day to start belving Iran is a enemy!

well we invaded and Bombed iraq even though a Iraqi national has never attacked the UK or West

we Bombed and Invaded Afghanistan even though never has a Afgani national attacked the UK or West

so of coarse fickle people will see iran just as the next logical step!

shame!

It's not Iran that's the enemy. It's the nut jobs who are presently in charge of the country pursuing a policy of funding and supporting groups such as Hamas and Al Qaeda and generally creating as much mischief as possible.

As it is more than half the people in Iran would like to get rid of their mentally deranged leaders

what is more worrying is that the west including our government is totally okay with this!

lets not forget we need to protect the home of the worlds largest war armada situated in Bahrain!

Totally agree, the fact that European nations and the US have been vocal in some cases and not others stinks of hypocrisy and what it boils down to is who our mates are for the time being. The whole approach of Western nations to these winds of change blowing through Arabia has been a calamity and embarassing.

What I would have liked to have seen is a standardised approach; support the right of protest, free speech and a free press, and encourage political reform. That model would have worked towards friend and foe alike without interfering too much. Fully appreciate the situation in each country is slightly different, but the more we deviate away from such a standardised approach the worse it looks on us imo.

Archived