What Sheffield landmark demolished by the council do you miss most

cuttsie

As i walk around Sheffield i wax lyrical at what we have lost and this sets me thinking which building do you miss most is it The Empire Theatre, The Gaumont Cinema, The Lacarno,The wedding Cake or perhaps the Rex Cinema,To some it could be The Co Op at Castle House or perhaps The Dial House club. or is it , the Camebridge Arcade with Barney Goodmans at the top .And then we come to The Town Hall extension were we could pay our rent and rates or see a building inspector or the bin department all under the same roof.These Sheffield landmarks have all gone in the name of progress along with my own special faviorite that i miss every time i walk down High St the old Hole in the road .Whats yours!

You must be a similar age to me mid 50's? As I remember all the landmarks you have mentioned!! Nothing has really changed for the better except I suppose the Peace Gardens!! Sheffield seems so crowded these days!!

You must be a similar age to me mid 50's? As I remember all the landmarks you have mentioned!! Nothing has really changed for the better except I suppose the Peace Gardens!! Sheffield seems so crowded these days!!

Well i am on my 7th dog!

Salt and Pepper pots near the M1. Not strictly Sheffield I know.

I take it you mean the cooling towers at Tinsley we all miss them ,

Don,t you think there is something ironic that the buildings and places people love are some how deemed surplus to requirements by the planners.

Archived