Speeding fine- im shocked.

my hubby received his first speeding fine yesterday..£85 and 3 points. he has the option to go on a driver awareness course which he will have to pay the same amount for but he wont get the 3 points.not sure what option he will go for..its a bit steep for a first fine for speeding.my hubby says that the police were prob hid up somewhere as they were no speed cameras in the place he was driving. on another note im really concerned myself at the amount of speed cameras,as i observed when out with my husband,im not a driver myself.

Just contest the fine, keep getting the hearing adjourned, just say your really ill.

In 2012 the world is going to end.

Problem sorted. ;)

fear that may be too late as he sent the declaration in by post.so hes got it to pay.

I went out shoplifting and I got nicked - and the thing about it that gets me is there weren't even any police or security visible, the sneaky so-and-sos used plain clothes store detectives and cameras that were hidden away - I'm shocked.

It's a bit off, being as it was a first time, you'd have thought they'd let me go wouldn't you?

I can't believe how many stores are using security cameras these days - it's terrible. Just part of the Government's "War on the Shoplifter" if you ask me.

my hubby received his first speeding fine yesterday..£85 and 3 points. he has the option to go on a driver awareness course which he will have to pay the same amount for but he wont get the 3 points.not sure what option he will go for..its a bit steep for a first fine for speeding.my hubby says that the police were prob hid up somewhere as they were no speed cameras in the place he was driving. on another note im really concerned myself at the amount of speed cameras,as i observed when out with my husband,im not a driver myself.

Hopefully he will learn from it.

£85? - so he wasn't doing 35 in a 30 zone, was he?

In the UK, the fixed cameras are painted bright yellow. If you don't see one, you're either blind (and shouldn't be driving) or unobservant (and shouldn't be driving.)

'Scameras' are a bit harder to spot. They're usually mounted on a bloody great van with 'Scamera' markings.

How was your hubby nicked? What did the paperwork say?

I have little sympathy ... but then again, I've no front numberplate and a 'Blinder' :hihi:

To be fined 85 he must have been going quite a bit over the limit, also, what concerns you about cameras that

A) catch people who are breaking the law

B) allegedly improve road safety and reduce accidents

C) are painted bright yellow so they can be seen and help people not get fines / points

He could always do an Advanced motoring course.

It would probably cost him more than 85 quid, but afterwards:

His insurance would be reduced by 15% (More than £85?)

All speed cameras would be blindingly obvious.

Driving would be more enjoyable (far less stressful)

Traffic lights would tend to turn to green as he approached

and the risk of having an (expensive) accident would be greatly reduced.

One speeding ticket might not be too much of an obstacle .... two? not much chance.

Archived