Speeding fine- im shocked.

i have just paid a speeding fine and its £60 not £85 the £85 is if you take the other option and not get the points ,i held my hands up as they say the camera doesn't lie and paid the fine of £60 and take my points ,i might add i was not offered the option but have heard about it since from people who already had points, so was wondering if this was when they gave the option from these posts obviuosly not

I was caught in Derbyshire and did the course in Sheffield, so there is at least some leeway. (I didn't investigate taking the course in Cornwall - it would have been a bit pointless!)

I know 2 from Sheffield 1 had to go to Hull and 1 Essex.Chief constable's discretion I suppose.

i got caught doing 35 in Blackburn centre at half 1 in the morning by a fixed camera. got offered course but had to go to Blackburn. worth it though than taking the points.

End of day, you get caught, take the punishment

hes going to do the course i think.and not get the points.he has admmited he was speeding.he was doing 40 in 30 mile zone.when you get the letter with the amount on ..it does come as a shock at first.it has been known the cops to hide behind trees with speed cameras to catch you out.or be in an unmarked vehicle.

it has been known the cops to hide behind trees with speed cameras to catch you out.or be in an unmarked vehicle.

That makes more sense than painting a camera bright yellow and telling everyone where it is. If speeding drivers know where the cameras are, they can slow down at those places and carry on speeding everywhere else; if they don't know and can't guess, they only have two choices. Stop speeding, or get caught.

To be fined 85 he must have been going quite a bit over the limit, also, what concerns you about cameras that

A) catch people who are breaking the law

B) allegedly improve road safety and reduce accidents

C) are painted bright yellow so they can be seen and help people not get fines / points

Some people just talk out of their rear dont they?

Its £85 to do the course and £60 for the fixed penalty if the option of doing the course is declined which i wouldnt advise.

Courses are ONLY offered to drivers JUST over the speed limit!

If only you had has much knowledge as you do bad attitude!I hope you dont take that to the roads!!!

That makes more sense than painting a camera bright yellow and telling everyone where it is. If speeding drivers know where the cameras are, they can slow down at those places and carry on speeding everywhere else; if they don't know and can't guess, they only have two choices. Stop speeding, or get caught.

This theory only applies to those people intentionally breaking the speed limit.

Not everybody goons around the place intentionally speeding, the vast majority of people 'caught speeding' are usually only a fraction over the permitted limit.

There is no argument against the 'holier than thou' remark of "Dont speed, dont get prosecuted" repeated by the many pendants on this forum as it is of course, technically correct but it is a tired and boorish comment that conveniently ignores the many reasons why many convicted speeders may inadvertently creep marginally over the limit.

These cameras are nothing more than 'Borg' machinery operated by people of 'Borg' mentality totally incapable of offering any kind of cognitive discretion or tolerance of each individual circumstance.

This theory only applies to those people intentionally breaking the speed limit.

Not everybody goons around the place intentionally speeding, the vast majority of people 'caught speeding' are usually only a fraction over the permitted limit.

There is no argument against the 'holier than thou' remark of "Dont speed, dont get prosecuted" repeated by the many pendants on this forum as it is of course, technically correct but it is a tired and boorish comment that conveniently ignores the many reasons why many convicted speeders may inadvertently creep marginally over the limit.

These cameras are nothing more than 'Borg' machinery operated by people of 'Borg' mentality totally incapable of offering any kind of cognitive discretion or tolerance of each individual circumstance.

You won't get fined for being a fraction over the limit.

Speeds above 30 mean you are far more likely to kill someone, the human body cannot withstand collisions with metal boxes travelling above 30mph, people die.

Archived