Pub meals 2 for a fiver

gem1987

Hi can any 1 recommend a nice pub meal that u pay 2 for a fiver please....any where in sheffield rotherham or barnsley

thanks

So a chicken breast even wholesale is around 90p, theres is £1.80 of your meal, portion of chips each 15p each + Gravy 10p each + Peas 15p each, now you are up to around £2.60, leaving £2.40 to pay staff, equipment, rent, VAT and other costs not forgetting the bit of profit you may actually make.

Can I ask what you are expecting for £2.50 per person?

2 for £5 varies significantly in appearance, depending on diet and health. Normally it is semisolid, with a mucus coating. Its brown coloration comes from a combination of bile and bilirubin, which comes from dead red blood cells.

2 meals for £5 and nice.... Mmm Don't think so. Imagine how much the ingredients cost to make any money off that offer..

Ingredients are by far the cheapest part of pub meals; wages and electricity are the bulk of the cost. In any event, there are a great many pubs where you can, indeed, by food that cheap that tastes delicious; and is all the better for being in a pleasant atmosphere because all the snobs who think expensive means good, won't go there.

Expensive doesn't necessarily mean good but a general rule would be that something as cheap as £2.50 isn't going to be very good at all (if you can even get a meal for that cheap anywhere). Good ingredients cost money and good staff cost money. I would be very cautious with any place which had managed to get both, and turn a profit at £2.50 a meal

pubs loose out on these meals, I know they cost nearly £5 to make and the ingredients are not bad, they are good and probably what you would buy yourself for convenience food. The pubs are hoping that you will spend money on the drinks which is where they make the profit.

personally convenience is not for but ... each to their own.

The Blue Ball at Wharncliffe Side I beleive still does 2 for a Fiver.

Archived