Royal Wootton Bassett

.................what will happen to the soldiers who are repatriated after September when the base (RAF Lynam?) closes? Will another town do as Royal Wootton Bassett has done?

I'm not sure. There are towns and villages on the route, but what springs to my mind is, will they be accused of jumping on Wootton Bassett's bandwagon? (Or, conversely, will they be accused of not caring if they don't?)

I heard somewhere that there aren't any villages or towns on the direct route from Brieze Norton to the motorway so unless routes are changed apparently there's nowhere where people can easily congregate to pay their respects.

If any town or village put itself forward to have the cortages drive through in my opinion they would be doing to right thing to give people a safe place to congregate and also the locals would have to put up with an influx of people wanting to pay their respects which would probably cause a logistical headache.

R.W.B. has correctly been honoured for its contribution in paying its respects to our fallen heroes.

Although this is a wonderful honour to have bestowed on you,it pales into insignificence at the honour we have awarded it within our hearts for the way you have taken it upon yourselves to express the sorrow and gratitude of us all towards our brave fallen warriors.

R.W.B. has correctly been honoured for its contribution in paying its respects to our fallen heroes.

Although this is a wonderful honour to have bestowed on you,it pales into insignificence at the honour we have awarded it within our hearts for the way you have taken it upon yourselves to express the sorrow and gratitude of us all towards our brave fallen warriors.

You're actually talking to a town.....

Archived