Are you having a street party for William's wedding?

I'd have thought a street party would be appropriate to celebrate a National success or a major triumph over adversity....even then I doubt there would be a consensus amongst enough people to see street parties up and down the country. Maybe we just aren't so homogenous these days.

Personally I wouldn't cross the road to see Wills and Kate, I certainly wouldn't want to sit at a table with a bunch of strangers eating Victoria Sponge and chicken legs.

Although I wouldn't be surprised to see a few street parties, particularly in this neck of the woods, when a certain ex Tory PM pops her cloggs

I've been anti-royalty since 1977 when we were forced to line Halifax Road waving flags at school.

I remember having to write a letter to her Maj back in 77 in honour of her jubilee. I got a reply as well from one of her ladies in waiting!

I'm sure that there will be sufficient disinterest in this amongst the British moaning classes to allow the powers that be not to dish out extra holidays for such events in future.
QFT

Now, where's this like button again?

Archived