Are you having a street party for William's wedding?

Of the growing lack of understanding about the difference between rights and priviledges (not forgetting duties), so unsurprising of today's I'm-owed-the-world society :(

He's your next king, and he's getting hitched... Have a little national pride, FFS! :rolleyes:

Since when?

That wasn't a Royal Wedding. It was civil. If Camilla has any children by Charles then they are not heir to the thrown, I believe.

Haha I can't believe you actually posted that, have you any idea how old Camilla is ;)

That's what I love about the English. They really know how to throw away everything that makes people want to visit their country in some mad desire to descend into mediocrity.

Oh well. If you want to celebrate the Royal Wedding you can always come to Canada. Out local hotel is planning a huge bash, with prices suitably adjusted for the occasion.

http://www.fairmont.com/empress/vanity/royalty

If royalty is the only reason people visit this country then it really is in a state.

Many people visit France every year you know, and we all know what they did to their royals.

If royalty is the only reason people visit this country then it really is in a state.
For your reading pleasure. Now don't say this comes as a surprise, surely?

Many people visit France every year you know, and we all know what they did to their royals.
I was waiting for that one :twisted:

So, remind me: why do people go to France? Ah yes, Paris, the Med, the Alps, the battlefields, the food, the wine regions, etc, etc. (very stereotypical, actually...the exact same reasons tourists go to the UK: for experiencing the stereotype(hint: the royals))

What's in Britain that compares with all that, again? Aside from London and stuff in/around London? (of interest to foreign visitors, that is)

[peasant] I didn't vote for him [/peasant]
[other peasant]You never got to at any stage (nor do you even vote for your PM), so what's your point?[/other peasant]

That's what I love about the English. They really know how to throw away everything that makes people want to visit their country in some mad desire to descend into mediocrity.

Oh well. If you want to celebrate the Royal Wedding you can always come to Canada. Out local hotel is planning a huge bash, with prices suitably adjusted for the occasion.

http://www.fairmont.com/empress/vanity/royalty

Not at all. Far from being the forlock tugging peasants as folk in other countries like to think, many of us Brits have a healthy disregard for those who seek to lord it over us. And when you say prices at the local hotel are 'suitably adjusted for the occasion', do you mean they're trying to cash in on two strangers wedding?

For your reading pleasure. Now don't say this comes as a surprise, surely?

I was waiting for that one :twisted:

So, remind me: why do people go to France? Ah yes, Paris, the Med, the Alps, the battlefields, the food, the wine regions, etc, etc. (very stereotypical, actually...the exact same reasons tourists go to the UK: for experiencing the stereotype(hint: the royals))

What's in Britain that compares with all that, again? Aside from London and stuff in/around London? (of interest to foreign visitors, that is)

[other peasant]You never got to at any stage (nor do you even vote for your PM), so what's your point?[/other peasant]

That link you provided shows that people visited buildings, they didn't visit The Queen. The buildings would exist without the monarchy. The Palace of Versailles still attracts tourists - they don't seem bothered that they won't get a personal appearance from Louis XIV.

"He's your next king, and he's getting hitched... Have a little national pride, FFS! "

oooh! get you! fan boy FFS

:hihi::hihi::hihi: Such a fanboy that he doesn't even know the line of succession. Unless he knows something about Charlie that we don't.

Archived