Are you having a street party for William's wedding?

If Camilla did have a child (which she won't), he or she would be forth in line for the throne

No it wouldn't. She isn't Royal, she is just 'royal'. The law is quite strict on a Royal marrying a divorcee, ask Edward VIII.

have you any idea how old Camilla is ;)

If was the key word. :)

Not so with France (e.g.) I daresay the Eiffel tower and EuroDisney (e.g.) are vastly more popular with tourists than Versailles.

I was happy to learn France still has a monarch, but nobody will let him rule. Poor chap. Louis XX. A Spaniard, in the lovely irony we have with monarchies.

That wasn't a Royal Wedding. It was civil. If Camilla has any children by Charles then they are not heir to the thrown, I believe.

thank heavens for that, can you imagine how ugly their kids would be

When Charles and Diana got married I took a picnic and went for a long walk with dog, will be doing same sort of thing this time, I contribute to their lifestyle but have no desire to watch them:roll::roll:

We did that on her funeral day....it was so peaceful, had a lovely walk near Wardlow Mires and hardly saw another person all day.

I was happy to learn France still has a monarch, but nobody will let him rule. Poor chap. Louis XX. A Spaniard, in the lovely irony we have with monarchies.
Is a monarch without a kingdom still a monarch, though :confused:

I wasn't assuming anything, I was posting on a forum asking questions and inviting comment whilst describing my personal experiences
Fair enough.

I'm not convinced at all the (alleged) lack of 'official' street party planning for the RW is any more symptomatic of an ever-reducing community spirit (or disinterest/disenfranchising for the monarchy, for that matter) than, say, the (alleged) absence of spontaneous street/neighbourhood snow-clearing back in December?

I was caught on the A57 'snow block' back then, and experienced quite a lot of community spirit, not only that night (everybody helping one another/pushing cars on and around South Anston), but the following day (when RailNetwork guys gave me a lift home as I was half-way walking to Worksop) and in the days after (when all our neighbours and us got together to clear a good 250 yards of snow -t'was a lot of snow!- to the nearest 'cleared' (ho-hum) road, and neighbours with 4WD spontaneously organised and ran re-supply trips to the local supermarket for everyone else).

Based on my recent personal experiences at least, there's loads of community spirit ;)

When Charles and Diana got married I took a picnic and went for a long walk with dog, will be doing same sort of thing this time, I contribute to their lifestyle but have no desire to watch them:roll::roll:

I dunno, it depends on what they are doing..!

When Charles and Diana got married I was watching the clouds and some nudity at the Rock to the Wedding concert at the Crystal Palace Bowl, mind you I had been spiked with half a tab of LSD beforehand. And to the (unknown person) that did that.. next time.. make it a whole one! :o

Maybe it would be a good idea to have a "Rock to the Wedding" concert in Sheffield to show how disinterested we are. After all, it is a day off to enjoy and remember. Its a pity we don't have Rock to the Divorce ones as well but knowing the way things are, this government will only want their day back.

I 'm always amused when people say they're going to London to see the royal wedding.

They wont see anything, just stand in a huge crowd, ten people deep and maybe, just maybe if they're lucky see the topside of a carriage pass by for a brief moment.

Better to save their money and stay home and see it all on TV, birds eye view of the ceremony from a TV camera high up in the roof off the Abbey

I wont be watching it as it will be in the middle of the night here. I watched the Prince Charles and Di bash, stayed up most of the night and went to work next day knackered to blazes

Archived